VIN Plate Restoration/Reproduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need these restored or reproduced. Do you have a suggested vendor
FJ40 VIN Plate Photo.jpg

some of my before and afters in the very very early days when you would fake it to simply make it .......... 😇

and to keep it going strong made your stronger deep in your soul ............
DSCN1777.JPG
DSCN1793.JPG
DSCN8389.JPG
IMG_4939.JPG

i even tried a patina proof high luster brass , i shines like the snoop dog on a full moon night !

DSCN9759.JPG
DSCN52481.jpg
IMG.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_1380.JPG

This was The HOLY GRAIL of what i lived for , making a factory Defect Correction plate !

Yes MR T F'd up back in 1971 and stamped the wrong frame # .........

I had the privilege of making it right & Period correct as well

the mis struck plates hangs over my desk as a daily reminder of what a special unique privilege it was to help so many in a way i could ..........

1606028848997.png

1606028865256.png

@ToyotaMatt

I finally was able to install the new fender wall I.D. plate, that I purchased from you, in my 1973 FJ40 .

It's positioned a little higher than original, since the original was somewhat hidden behind the battery tray.

Due to my aversion to drilling holes in painted metal, I cut the heads off the stainless steel sheet metal screws and super-glued them to the plate. I then used the 3M VHB tape to attach the plate to the fender wall.

Looks great! Thanks again for a quality product!
ID plate on fender.jpg

Last edited:
This was The HOLY GRAIL of what i lived for , making a factory Defect Correction plate !

Yes MR T F'd up back in 1971 and stamped the wrong frame # .........

I had the privilege of making it right & Period correct as well

the mis struck plates hangs over my desk as a daily reminder of what a special unique privilege it was to help so many in a way i could ..........

View attachment 2503069

View attachment 2503070
sent you a dm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom