vin number info? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ive looked through the search section,trying to find info on my 60,s model fj40, the vin number has no number before the fj40 section on the chassis,and is only 5 digits after the fj40,is this the norm,all i can see on mine is [ fj40~41327 and the plate on my righthand guard has the same number,how does one work out the year model,i was lead to believe there was a number before the fj40 that told you the year?

Mine has a date stamped on the VIN plate on the door jamb. I am not sure if things were done differently in your neck of the woods though ;)

Jonny

Mine has a date stamped on the VIN plate on the door jamb. I am not sure if things were done differently in your neck of the woods though ;)

Jonny

The A pillar plate started around 3/69 in the US market. Most of the sixties only had the one plate under the hood. Earlier ones had it on the firewall held on with four little screws and nuts. Then moved to the passenger's side fender well below the battery with a couple of sheet metal screws. Wasn't until around 78 until it moved back to the firewall this time with pop rivets like the A pillar plate.

i was lead to believe there was a number before the fj40 that told you the year?

That was before 65 that had a number that let you know the year of production. Which wasn't always the model or the year it was title as. Held over cruisers from a previous year or years had a brass tag stamped with the year tittled attached to the VIN plate under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom