VIN info I just bought FJ40 want to know what year and build date . My VIN # FJ40-131655 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What year is my FJ40-131655 I want this info before i start restoration they sad it was a 1966

What year is my FJ40-131655 I want this info before i start restoration they sad it was a 1966
Send pictures of the car pls

Welcome to Mud. There should be a Vin plate on the driver's A pillar that will have the build date.
You can get an estimate here:

How do I send pictures when I try it says not exepted
You need to have a few posts before you can post pictures. Its not a lot, but it keeps down the spammers.

You've got one to many digits there. Where did you get his number from? The frame? Or the plate on the passenger inner fender? That's where it would be if this was a 1966.

Thank you for all your help I now know it was built July of 1972 I will post pictures as I make progress. Likely more questions as I go on with this project
Fantastic! Welcome to mud

Welcome to Mud. There should be a Vin plate on the driver's A pillar that will have the build date.
You can get an estimate here:
Good morning. If I am reading mine correctly (FJ40-234171), then it would be a 1976. Is that correct? They have it titled as a 1977 but the manufactured date also says Oct. 1976. I didn't know if the year corresponded to the manufacture date or not. Also as I have been looking up parts for restoration, I have been told that the land cruiser I purchased is a legend. What is meant by that? Thank you for any and all help! I am just getting started on this project.

Oct 76 would be a 77. New models for the next yr usually start in September i think. .There are exception for certain yrs with FJ40's. All FJ40'S are legendary.

When you look up the VIN you are getting the build date and NOT the model year date. Earlier in the year they can be the same, later in the year the build would be 1 year before the model year.

Oct 76 would be a 77. New models for the next yr usually start in September i think. .There are exception for certain yrs with FJ40's. All FJ40'S are legendary.
Thank you. I was pretty sure that is how the year worked for fj40s also but I wasn't sure how to,read the VIN table. What does legendary mean? How did they get that determination. I grew up with them. Learned to drive in one. Use them to hunt and in the mountains.

What does legendary mean? How did they get that determination.
It has successfully collected 40+ years of experience points, and has been upgraded from veteran status to legendary status.

40+?

I myself am well into legendary status now 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom