Victory bumper install write up with pics - disappointed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It seems to get lost in translation on the internet that the guys at Victory are real people. We're all aware that we're all real people, talking to other real people, right? How would we handle this in person? Handle it like they are standing right in front of you. They seem to be handling it that way.

Not everything in life works out the way we want it to, there are setbacks. They are offering to eat the loss on their side, and try to make you whole again on the expenses you had on the bumper. You can't always get your time back on learning a lesson, you can just choose how you react to things the next time.

Nope. We hold customer deposits and don’t acknowledge revenue until the ship date. We’ve been manufacturing Offroad parts for 17 years, we are not hacks.
what that sounds like is " customer deposit" = full payment, "don't acknowledge revenue" = they don't update there accounts receivable, but the money is in there hands

what that sounds like is " customer deposit" = full payment, "don't acknowledge revenue" = they don't update there accounts receivable, but the money is in there hands

Deposit for an order. They still owe you the order. They have to produce the product. So they can't fulfill it when they receive your payment. So they owe you a product until they fulfill it. That's why AR/AP exists is to handle that situation and/or other situations with terms.

Last edited:
It seems to get lost in translation on the internet that the guys at Victory are real people. We're all aware that we're all real people, talking to other real people, right? How would we handle this in person? Handle it like they are standing right in front of you. They seem to be handling it that way.

Not everything in life works out the way we want it to, there are setbacks. They are offering to eat the loss on their side, and try to make you whole again on the expenses you had on the bumper. You can't always get your time back on learning a lesson, you can just choose how you react to things the next time.
Agree. No offense Cosmo, but i'd like to take a peak at your Yelp reviews page. I'm guessing there's a lot of 1 star.

Pretty sure if I waited 3 months for a bumper, even if it looked that ugly, I'd install it to see how it looked before I sent it back, :banana:.

sent an initial e-mail to customer service when the bumper was received (before it was even mounted) that we sensed they were already highly unsatisfied with the product.
No s***, look at how visibly different it looks compared to what you showed on your website and on MUD. Perhaps this is a learning point for Victory to reexamine their mounting system to allow for any adjustment at all. (Ninja edit: in their install video, you can clearly see the backside of bumper wing is welded, absent from Cosmos)

Not everything in life works out the way we want it to, there are setbacks.
No need to be preachy, you have no idea of who Kosmo is or what their life has been like. Might even be the real Michael Richards, and we all know he had a little setback.

Sucks all around, just send it back and buy from someone else.

Trail-Tailor, Dissent, Slee, Bump-It-Off-Road, all are competent welders and long time supporting vendors, no need to go ARB/ TJM/ Ironman.

Last edited:
I would not buy a bumper that required a 100% deposit, but if one knowingly enters into that deal, it is what it is.
As much as it sucks, some products don’t meet expectations. Most companies *might* refund your purchase price, Victory is refunding price plus shipping. That’s more than reasonable IMO.

Pretty sure if I waited 3 months for a bumper, even if it looked that ugly, I'd damn sure install it to see how it looked before I sent it back, :banana:.

No s***, look at how visibly different it looks compared to what you showed on your website and on MUD. Perhaps this is a learning point for Victory to reexamine their mounting system to allow for any adjustment at all.

No need to be preachy, you have no idea of who Kosmo is or what their life has been like. Might even be the real Michael Richards, and we all know he had a little setback.

Sucks all around, just send it back and buy from someone else.

Trail-Tailor, Dissent, Slee, Bump-It-Off-Road, all are competent welders and long time supporting vendors, no need to go ARB/ TJM/ Ironman.
Haha the michael richards reference, that was pretty good.

Deposit for an order. They still owe you the order. They have to produce the product. So they can't fulfill it when they receive your payment. So they owe you a product until they fulfill it. That's why AR/AP exists is to handle that situation and/or other situations with terms.
to go full GAAP, they book transactions with some sort of variations of the following:

They took your order:
DR. Accounts Receivable-Orders
CR. Accounts Payable

You paid:
DR. Cash
CR. Accounts Receivable-orders
DR. Accounts Payable
CR. Deferred Revenue

They fullfill order:
Dr. Deferred Revenue
CR. Sales

So this is true:
"We hold customer deposits and don’t acknowledge revenue until the ship date."
Whether the cash is held in a restricted account or unrestricted to be used for business purposes is unclear, but doesn't matter. They offered a full refund PLUS shipping, take it and move on. :flush:

Agree. No offense Cosmo, but i'd like to take a peak at your Yelp reviews page. I'm guessing there's a lot of 1 star.
NO I don't review on yelp, or anywhere else, I go straight to the source, and I was more than willing to work with this company to figure out the problem, but at this point they have no intention of making the product that I originally ordered, as they have stated many, many times to us.

It's ok for them to remake a bumper for others, that have had fitment issues, but they won't for mine. Maybe that's whey they got called out. It's out of my hands now, moving on.

By helping make my bumper right, it helps them as I would sing praises to the world of how they "over delivered" but that's not the case here.

NO I don't review on yelp, or anywhere else, I go straight to the source, and I was more than willing to work with this company to figure out the problem, but at this point they have no intention of making the product that I originally ordered, as they have stated many, many times to us.

It's ok for them to remake a bumper for others, that have had fitment issues, but they won't for mine. Maybe that's whey they got called out. It's out of my hands now, moving on.

By helping make my bumper right, it helps them as I would sing praises to the world of how they "over delivered" but that's not the case here.
Makes sense. I was just kinda ribbing you because of the key thread and now this one. I hope you get made whole on the bumper. I agree, it should've had adjustment slots built in. I was a fabricator/ welder and you should be able to make adjustments if your familiar with the basics of fabrication.

If you're at a standstill with Victory. May i make a suggestion. Probably, for less than the cost of shipping. Which they were ready to pickup originally. You can find a local Metal Works fab shop to adjust the bumper to a proper fit. Victory may be willing to pick up some or all of this expense to make it right.

Last edited:
Why is another man's experience with a brand making you so angry?

I don't like the style of these bumpers personally, but you strike me as the kind of person that would leave a one star review on a restaurant because they were fully booked when you tried to eat there.
:lol:

:popcorn:

The gap looks pretty close to the same as on this 100:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom