SOLD Victoria, TX - Gray 1989 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time has come for me to part ways with my gray 1989 FJ62. Clean and clear title in hand. No liens. Buyer must pick up in Victoria, TX. No owner financing. Listing at $14,500 but will consider all offers.

I am the fourth owner and purchased the vehicle in 2014 from the third owner out of Houston, TX. According to various paperwork and maintenance receipts, the vehicle was bought in 1989 from Sterling McCall Toyota in Houston and spent its whole life in the area until I purchased it. The vehicle seems to have been well maintained throughout the years and is mostly stock from what I can tell. The first owner kept 20 years of maintenance receipts showing that regular checks, repairs, etc. were done at Sterling McCall Toyota and then at Mike Calvert Toyota in Houston. I do not know much about the vehicle’s maintenance history between 2009 and 2014 other than it was sold again in 2013 to the owner previous to me. I will be passing all the maintenance receipts in my possession on to the buyer. I also have a copy of the Carfax report I ran on the vehicle in 2014 before I made the purchase. It states that there have been no reported accidents or damage. I will be glad to share it with anyone who is interested. The odometer reading from this report is 244,573 and there were no accidents or damage known to Carfax. The odometer is currently right under 262,000.

My intentions were to eventually restore the vehicle as I have always been in love with this particular model of Land Cruiser. Unfortunately, between medical bills, home repair costs, etc. I have not been able to start a restore nor see it feasible anytime in the near future.

Overall, the vehicle runs well. One problem that could be of concern is that it may be due for a transmission replacement/rebuild sometime in the near future. Back in 2016, it was having problems automatically shifting and would often get stuck in a low gear as I was increasing in speed. I took it to a mechanic at Custom Car Care here in Victoria. The transmission was flushed with cleaner and the fluid was replaced. I have not experienced the problem since but it’s possible it may begin acting up later down the line. Shifting is not as smooth as it once was but it has not been locking up like it had before the transmission flush and is fully operable. There is evidence of a 4WD oil leak behind both front wheels. There are probably bad seals that need to be replaced. With that said, I have fully tested 4WD and everything is working correctly. The only other problems I have noticed while driving is sometimes it doesn’t start on the first crank but will always start by the second try. Also, it can idle a little rough at times. I would have addressed the last few mentioned issues, as I’m sure it’s something that can be taken care of with some casual maintenance, but time and money have not allowed me to do so. I have taken it about 30 minutes out of town and back several times recently and had no issues.

The exterior is in decent condition for being 30 years old and having the original paint job but I’m sure she would appreciate a fresh paint job at some point as there is a lot of clear coat peeling/wear. There are a few rust spots which I have thoroughly documented throughout the pictures. One spot looks to have been patched with body filler. All other rust is typical surface rust present throughout the undercarriage and on the engine. Most of the other exterior imperfections are dings, scuffs, and minor scratches. No major dents are present. The front bumper is slightly bent. It appears to have happened while using the toeing hook. Some of the chrome trim is missing from the top edging. The driver’s side rear break light lens could use a replacement. It had previously been replaced but was broken not long ago. The original was put back on but it does not match the passenger side well at all. The tires are BF Goodrich all terrain KO2s that were purchased at the end of 2015. They all have a good amount of tread and have been regularly balanced/rotated at Discount Tire.

The interior is in really good condition overall for a 30 year old vehicle. The typical driver’s seat tearing is present. The dash is in great condition with only one small break in the top screening on the passenger’s side. The seats and carpet are mostly clean with some light staining throughout. I’m sure most of this could be removed with some good cleaning. The back seat does have one very small hole and the back seat headrests are missing. All seatbelts function properly and are not torn or frayed. All door locks work but most have to be manually operated. This could probably be fixed with some greasing or new door lock motors. All electric windows work but the two back seat windows will need some seal work as the seals pull out and try to roll down with the windows. The heater does not appear to work and the AC only slightly cools but will not get as cold as one would desire. The front blower works good on either setting but the back seat blower does not appear to work. The center console does not latch shut and the dome light cover has a piece broken out of it.

That’s about all of the information I can think of to share at the moment. Please feel free to ask questions or message me. Thanks for looking!

See all pictures here:

01.jpg

02.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom