SOLD Victoria, BC: 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ77 ZX RHD - SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my beloved Land Cruiser, originally purchased and outfitted for a trip from Alaska to South America that was derailed by the economic meltdown in 2008. I have owned her since March 2008 (second owner) and have used it mainly for camping trips. Occasional gravel roads but no rough trails. This Land Cruiser is in very good condition for its age, a turnkey expedition vehicle ready to go. It is garaged and driven once or twice a week. Imported from Japan and registered in British Columbia, located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Eligible for import into the USA.

1992 Toyota Land Cruiser ZX HZJ77
VIN: HZJ770003188
Engine: 1HZ (Diesel)
Right-hand Drive
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Kilometers: 171,400 kms (107,000 miles)
Voltage: 24 volts
Doors: 5
Drive: 4x4
Engine: 4.2L
Cylinders: 6
Fuel: Diesel
Front & Rear diff locks (never used)
Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels
Cassette Player
Fog Lights
Toyota Factory PTO Winch (never used, so it likely needs a service)
Intermittent Wipers
Power Brakes
Power Mirrors
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Sunroof
Rear Defroster
Tilt Steering
Power Locks

Mechanical Work done in July 2019 - total cost over $5,000
Injector Pump rebuilt
New Exhaust System from engine to silencer
New Timing Belt
New Tie Rods (left and right)
New King Pins (left and right)
Wheel Alignment (after new tie rods and king pins installed)

Selling Price:
US $26,000 (includes roof rack, rooftop tent, fridge/freezer and additional accessories listed below).
Pickup: Vehicle to be picked up in Victoria, BC

Accessories Included in Sale Price:
1. Technitop Rooftop Tent with Moon Roof, plus storage cover and ladder. This is a heavy-duty tent with upright sides providing maximum interior space. In Perfect condition. Takes 5 minutes to set up.
2. Engel 45QT Fridge/Freezer, with Transit Bag, Transit Lock, and Hinge Lock. Operates off 12 V or 24 V DC, 110 V AC.
3. African Outback Roof Rack with sunroof hatch.
4. African Outback Hi-Lift Jack Brackets for Roof Rack.
5. African Outback Spade Brackes for Roof Rack.
6. African Outback 8mm Roof Rack Eyebolts x 12 (never used).
7. ARB Snatch Strap - 17,600 lbs (never used).
8. ARB Tree Saver Strap - 16 ft (never used).
9. ARB 3/4" D-Ring Shackle (never used).
10. ARB Snatch Block (never used).
11. ARB Recovery Bag.
12. Hi-Lift Jack X-Treme XT-605PC 60" (never used).
13. Hi-Lift Accessories: Off Road Base, Lift-Mate, Handle Keeper, Hi-Lift Gear Bag (never used).

View Photo Album on Flickr (44 Photos)

landcruiser-3.jpg

landcruiser-4.jpg

landcruiser-5.jpg

landcruiser-2.jpg

landcruiser-trip-2.jpg

View Photo Album on Flickr (44 Photos)

Last edited:
Cheers, I have the identical rig a few thousand miles south of you. Its a steal at this price, I am loving mine, making priceless memories with it. Good luck with the sale

IMG_0517.jpg

Fantastic, exactly what they're made for :) Thanks for posting your vehicle.

Photos of the undercarriage have been added to the Flickr album - there are links to the photo album in the ad.

Beautiful truck. I miss my HZJ77, it was a fantastic rig. Where did you dig up the technitop RTT? I haven't seen one of those in a long time!

Best of luck with the sale!

db

Thanks for your message DB. I bought the Technitop rooftop tent from Slee Offroad in Colorado in 2008. It is very solid, and the sides don't extend inward at the top like many models do, so the interior is very spacious.

Really impressive ride, whoever gets this seems like they'll be really lucky. Quick Q based on your long experience with it - how would it do as a daily driver, with it's more customary camping and outdoor time ramped up during the summer? Any concerns you've had with the undercarriage rusting?

Thanks in advance!

Hi PDXadvokat. An older Land Cruiser appeals to the person who likes to really 'drive' a manual vehicle with a rugged gearbox, as opposed to just sitting back and simply steering an automatic, computerized vehicle. There is a certain joy driving this type of vehicle, as you have to 'feel' the gearbox as you change gears (no Formula 1 gear changes here). While I see that as a positive, there are times when you just want to zip into town to get something, but Land Cruisers don't do the zip thing. So, as a daily driver it is fine, as long as you are happy to arrive one minute later and not be first off the line at each traffic light. But, it will reward you handsomely when it is play time. People frequently stop to speak to me about the vehicle, and I invariably say that I love my wife dearly (I do), but I really, really love my truck! Both wife and truck understand!

Yeah, my first vehicle was an 97 Isuzu Trooper II with a manual tranny. I don't recall enjoying driving any of my subsequent cars/trucks as much as that one, even with the memory of a big thigh bruise the shifter gave me after a pin snapped behind the clutch pedal and it suddenly dropped into gear. Ah, youth. So yeah, this appeals to me, but we'll see what the better half has to say about that.

I hope someone jumps on this and treats it to the adventure life it's clearly meant to live! But I'm also going to be starting my advocacy on the home front and will keep a keen eye on this. I could use a trip up to Victoria too, it's been too long.

Hello and good evening I been looking for HZJ77 and your HZJ77 is in GREAT shape do you still have it available?
I want to buy it please let me know. Thank you

Hi Zee, yes it is still available. There is a person from New York who was out of the country and only able to renew contact with me in the new year, but I haven't heard from him yet. Take care.

My beloved Land Cruiser is now in very good hands and on its long road trip from Victoria, BC to its new home in North Carolina. Thanks to all who viewed the listing and posted comments.

My beloved Land Cruiser is now in very good hands and on its long road trip from Victoria, BC to its new home in North Carolina. Thanks to all who viewed the listing and posted comments.
If it ends up in North Carolina, the 77 Series and its new owner should join the group at the 6th Annual 70 Series Meet & Greet. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom