Vibration in the drive train (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
theshealys.com
I need some techs (Woody) to tell me what is wrong here. I did a rear 3rd member swap with a used one, and took out the drive shaft from the slip yoke and did not mark it. But I think It may be a bent flange on the 3rd member. Take a look at this video and see if you tech guys can figure it out. I played with the ujoints and they seem fine to me. Someone metioned I may have the Ujoints not matched with the other one on the other side. Does that make since?

http://70.161.84.86:8080/movies/3rdmember.MPEG

Last edited:
Is your driveshaft in phase?

Do you have a FSM or a Hanes manual?

Poser said:
Is your driveshaft in phase?

Do you have a FSM or a Hanes manual?

yes I have one but I haven't broke it out yet. I thought it was clearly a bad 3rd member.

Looking now

Are you posting up a pic?

If so, I cannot see it for some reason...

Does it have a bad vibration?

It doesn't really look like the actual pinion flange is bent, the dust cover is, but any axles that see rocks fall victim to that... no biggy.

thats funny my fsm says tis on aligning a d-shaft:
the arrow stamped into the shaft should line up with the grease nipple on the yoke.
the arrow on mine was very hard to find, i had to get the shaft very clean,but it is there right next to the weld were the tube jions the slip yoke.
following these instuctions my flanges actualy end up about 3 degrees off...but my splines are shot and may be twisted. hope this helps carl

Poser said:
Are you posting up a pic?

If so, I cannot see it for some reason...

I posted a mpeg file on my very first post

i'll never be able to find that mark on that rusted shaft.

Where would it be at 2?

drive02128.jpg

Last edited:
cruiseroutfit said:
Does it have a bad vibration?

It doesn't really look like the actual pinion flange is bent, the dust cover is, but any axles that see rocks fall victim to that... no biggy.

The vibration is noticable at 30mph. For some reason I seem to have a lack in power also.

That's good to hear.

Could not find the alignment mark but I put it on like Andrewfarmer suggested and it worked great. Thanks for all the help. I knew I could count on you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom