Vibration from Air Filter Housing when in drive and braked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are the black rubber seals that seal the top and bottom of the filter present on both the inside bottom of the filter housing and the top of the lid? Is the seal still present near the outer edge of the lid (underside) where it comes down onto the upper lip of the housing?

Are the black rubber seals that seal the top and bottom of the filter present on both the inside bottom of the filter housing and the top of the lid? Is the seal still present near the outer edge of the lid (underside) where it comes down onto the upper lip of the housing?
I’m going to take some pictures as soon as I can escape from work real quick. I don’t see any rubber seals present, now I’m concerned my filters haven’t really been sealing at all. The only seal is the one on the outer part of the lid.

Have you checked the condition / presence of the rubber isolators that mount the air box to the inner fender well? There is supposed to be a metal sleeve in the center of the isolators that gets clamped tight by the bolt, and the airbox is actually "floating" on the rubber isolators. If your bolts are loose, sleeves are missing, or rubber is disintegrated you might get vibes between the airbox and the fender well?

Here's a decent replacement for the sleeves if yours are missing: McMaster-Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/93441A459/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom