Viable Bumper/Slider Options In Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What Viable 80 Series Bumper/Slider Options Are There In Ontario

Hey All.

Due to having been rear ended (my Lex-ass, not me) I am in the market for a rugged rear bumper with dual swing-out tire carrier and jerry can carrier and an integrated ladder.
Yes, maybe a bit much for a Lexus, North of the Manson-Nixon line, but I am looking at an eventual expedition build for this truck.
(unlike my red monster, the Lexus can fit the whole family for camping fun)

So, other than ordering one of the much vaunted tail set-ups from Australia or the US (ARB, Slee, Bumpit, IPOR, Hanna) and taking a beating on shipping, taxes, tariffs, disbursing, expediting etc., do any of you know of a reasonable vendor up here who may carry one of these or even suggest other options?

I am not a metal fabricator, so that route is not workable.
If I go to the extent of dealing with a fabricator, I'd likely just get the 4x4 Labs kit and sacrifice the whole rear member.

I have already decided on a front ARB winch bullbar bumper, though if any are aware of "local" ones cheaper than $1200, I'm all ears.

In terms of sliders, only Bumpit seems to have an applicable replacement for my running boards. Though as mentioned, should I deal with a fabricator, I have designs for something better.

Maybe someone else in the club is contemplating such a purchase or build?
Maybe a group deal could be in order?

Thanks in advance - Ian

Last edited:
Ian, where have you checked. I know there's National 4wd in Burlington and a place in London (can't think of the name off hand). I know a guy that has a metal fab shop in Acton that might be able to help you out. I don't have his info on hand, but can get it to you.
Dave

National only has the front ARB listed for just over $1200.
No response to my questions about it and the rear ARB though.

C&T is getting a price for me on the ARB.

Just Jeeps has nothing.

At the very least, I think I will need a fabricator for the sliders anyway as shipping and such will double the price of the ones I found.

Please send me the contact information for the 4x4 shop and fabricator you mentioned.

Thanks - Ian

Hey Ian,

okay, i'll give you my secret find...used arb for an 80..

J Cruisers Japanese Imported Vehicles in Canada: 1991 Toyota Land Cruise HDJ81 VX-Ltd Turbo Diesel, Parts Vehicle

had minor dent in the front that's been fixed, hes askin 800 bucks, try and knock him down some...send it via greyhound and pick it up COD in the gta or wherever there's a greyhound near you...
if it's still for sale...really wanted it for my now, wife's, 80...;)

i almost had a fellow cruiserhead fab me up some sliders...
he's already made a few for 80 series...asking $575 but you gotta ship from chiliwack BC..they are beefy for sure, seen them upclose.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/243204-custom-hdj81-sliders.html

unless you drive out west and have him install it, which is what i almost did! he's got some awesome fab skills!

Last edited:
Bumpers and Sliders

Hey,Man

Why don't you give the guys at SLEE OFFROAD a call. With the value of our dollar it's worth checking out.
They cater to 80 series trucks.
I had the same issues when I had my BJ60.

:cheers:

Dave

Hey Romey,
thanks for the info, I will definitely look into that and some other parts I see.
Looks like that fabricator knows his stuff, and cheaper than anything else too; nice!

Hey Dave,
Slee is as always an option, but only if I drive down. I can't see paying twice the price if I have it all shipped across the boarder.
When I make the trip I'll bring back all kinds of goodies for sure, just that I have no trip planned for awhile and I need the bumper now, thanks so some schmuck in a parking lot...

I may as well do this all at once, as the bumpers and running boards are the roughest parts on my rig anyway.
Next is suspension (especially after adding all the steel).

This is an ARB'd Lexus with an expedition set up.
96 LX450 ARB rear.jpeg

yep, Jason does some really good work, his full time gig is welding i think ;). he made his own front bumper sorta like a shortbus and he's doin the back bumper as well (i think it's done by now, shoot him a PM), but corners only and keeping the stock metal piece in between (but with swing outs for tire and/or jerry can).

yeah, if i had the duckets, i'd drive down to colorado and slee up my 80! i know Wayne highly recommends Cristo's stuff too.

anyway, g'luck on the armour! you goin 2.5" ome heavy's next with 33's??!

All of Jason's stuff is looking great. I can only hope he is open to fabbing something up.

As nice as the ARB stuff is, it's gonna weigh a ton in metal and coin, but even worse is the likelihood for rust. At least with custom I can get it galvanized prior to finishing.

In terms of suspension, I'm already running pretty close to 33's for my summer tires and 32's for winter. I'd like to fit 35s' under there without destroying the lines of my flares. Much respect to OME (love the 2' on my BJ42) but I'm thinking a 3.0 lift from Frankies Off Road and the Slee caster correction, if needed.

Hey Romey, that ARB that you provided that source for, its "spoken for" already.
Salamat anyway.

no probs Ian.
not surprised the arb was picked up, too bad. well, you can always call ARB in seattle for scratch/dent ones that i've heard have gone for 500 bucks! but you gotta be persistent...

when i was close to purchasing from Jason, all he needed to do was drop his and make a copy (he can do a flat bar or angled up like a slee, or whatever you want), then paint and install (they are bolt on)..shipping will be costly im sure...

I had custom sliders made for my LX by Dan at National 4x4 in Smith Falls for approx $600. They do the job, and were coated with a bedliner type mat'l. The only down side is that they cannot be used to lift the truck. I can still fit the front mudflaps but removed them and the rear ones after loosing one on a trail run.

Cheers;

Steve
IMG_2259.JPG

I guess I could wait for a scratch and dent to come up with ARB, but I think I found a good deal now for $1075 (front) landed. I can't wait to get it!

Nice ride Canman! Looks just like mine! LOL
Thanks for the tip on the sliders. I'll have to check him out for a price check too.
I got a design, from here actually, that looks great and am having it costed out locally. Ends up looking more like a replacement for the running boards, but can be used as jack points.

Now with all these mods going into the Lexus... wifey has gone got all excited about a sweet red HDJ81. Whatta gal! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom