VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hatch is kinda Rusty. Not worth the shipping in my opinion. Sorry for the tease.

I'd been eyeballing these ones.

I got some 40 tail lights from that part of the world, actually surprisingly good considering the price. Have toyota, and all the dot stamps all over them, but, I have doubts...:lol:

f***it. I ordered a set, we'll see. 40 bucks shipped is pretty cheap. May as well take advantage of the wasteful western civilization while it lasts.
Showed up today. Seem pretty good actually. Label says toyota and Japan on it, doubt they're really oem but not gonna complain for that price.

20190711_095048.jpg

Looking for a bunch of options to try and get my cruiser back on the road.
1: a 2H block and separate head that I can bore out to fit my 0.050 overbore Alfin pistons
2: a semi-built 2H with cylinder head attached I can drop in and bolt my turbos onto
3: a 12HT complete engine or in pieces that can be rebuilt.
4: just a 2H cylinder head

I could use a better set of 40 hood latches. Spring is buggered in one of mine, and the other is mediocre at best.
Ever find one? Think I have one kicking around

ISO: BJ74 RHD 13bt automatic forward wiring harness (dash especially).

Looks like I found my little electrical gremlin issue last night and not sure if I’ll be able to get deep enough and make all the necessary repairs so I’m searching for a replacement harness if there’s one out there.

Looks like the PO did some nice wrap jobs (no solder) to get them by. Lasted a good while but now I’m screwed. Pics don’t do it justice...multiple burnt/melted wires within main harness behind cluster.

DD591913-0F91-426E-B72B-29BE5C14C76E.jpeg

C4872693-6EA9-438B-8E6A-CDE99C33ADA7.jpeg

ISO: BJ74 RHD 13bt automatic forward wiring harness (dash especially).

Looks like I found my little electrical gremlin issue last night and not sure if I’ll be able to get deep enough and make all the necessary repairs so I’m searching for a replacement harness if there’s one out there.

Looks like the PO did some nice wrap jobs (no solder) to get them by. Lasted a good while but now I’m screwed. Pics don’t do it justice...multiple burnt/melted wires within main harness behind cluster.

View attachment 2031294

View attachment 2031295

NO NEED FOR HARNESS ANY LONGER...YIPPEE!

1. Turns out the melting wires were from a previous owners lame repair job which was actually why my voltage gauge on my dash cluster would dip every time I signalled or turned the highbeams on (it would stay "down" with highbeams on). I feared what I might find one day and tonight it seems I've remedied the issue!!!

2. Apparently, and I say that with some sense of mystery, when one of your headlights blow and you replace it with a new one but the new lamp only lights up like a DRL...yeah, when that happens check the fuse. Why would you check the fuse when the lights is obviously getting power you may ask...well, because! That's why! Because! Because apparently if you blow the fuse it will backfeed through your other headlight and give your new lamp 60% voltage, that's why.

Anyways, two birds with one (ish) stone today...I'm really stoked I found out why my dash gauge was doing the funky chicken and now just sits where it's supposed to like a good gauge should.

Cheers!

NO NEED FOR HARNESS ANY LONGER...YIPPEE!

1. Turns out the melting wires were from a previous owners lame repair job which was actually why my voltage gauge on my dash cluster would dip every time I signalled or turned the highbeams on (it would stay "down" with highbeams on). I feared what I might find one day and tonight it seems I've remedied the issue!!!

2. Apparently, and I say that with some sense of mystery, when one of your headlights blow and you replace it with a new one but the new lamp only lights up like a DRL...yeah, when that happens check the fuse. Why would you check the fuse when the lights is obviously getting power you may ask...well, because! That's why! Because! Because apparently if you blow the fuse it will backfeed through your other headlight and give your new lamp 60% voltage, that's why.

Anyways, two birds with one (ish) stone today...I'm really stoked I found out why my dash gauge was doing the funky chicken and now just sits where it's supposed to like a good gauge should.

Cheers!

Glad you figured that out. Is it a fuse on the ground side? That’s where weird stuff like that usually shows up.

With the mystery solved, all that leaves is tidying up those few funky splices and the melted insulation to avoid future problems... unless you just want to leave sleeping dogs lie... not something I’d recommend (but I have/am doing it to be honest).

Bikersmurf...she’s all fixed up with new wires spliced in where necessary. I also fixed my rattling steering column cover with “Rapid Fix” and it’s like I’ve got a new rig!

60 Series Center Consoles.

1. 3 switches. Faded cover. No cracks. Sctraches present. Solid condition.
$200 (CAD)

2. 1 switch. Cup holders on side. One console screw hole cracked inside. Scratches present. Solid condition.
$175 (CAD)

Shipping is 100% buyers responsibility.

IMG_20190726_110741.jpg

IMG_20190726_110717.jpg

IMG_20190726_110919.jpg

IMG_20190726_110913.jpg

IMG_20190726_110930.jpg

60 Series Center Consoles.

1. 3 switches. Faded cover. No cracks. Sctraches present. Solid condition.
$200 (CAD)

2. 1 switch. Cup holders on side. One console screw hole cracked inside. Scratches present. Solid condition.
$175 (CAD)

Shipping is 100% buyers responsibility.
Wow. I should stop throwing those out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom