VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only year that front bench seat came in a 60 IIRC!

And wait for it.................

Factory rubber floor coverings, weird handle on the back seats. Like those rubber floor coverings.

Yeah I suppose, still took a while at that. Lots of people who lived too far away whining for pictures of everything.

Think I sold it for 8500? Basically was what I had in into it after adding up all the little stuff.

Was funny, swmbo was just asking the other day about what color I'd paint the 45 thing...I told her she lost her color choosing privileges after mootard. I hated that freaking color. :lol:

So what colour is it going to be? You should bring it up to Terrace with those maple leaf dies, and I’ll make sure the fridge is full of beer

So what colour is it going to be? You should bring it up to Terrace with those maple leaf dies, and I’ll make sure the fridge is full of beer

Well, the plan had been tremclad "deep green", because that's what my old 40/42/45 was, but I just went to crappy tire yesterday and to my horror they don't seem to sell it anymore.

Truck was a dark green tho, so some variation that comes in a spray bomb. Not john deere green, too bright. No interest in doing the real paint thing ever again on a 40 series.

I haven't even made the maple leaf dies yet...:lol: If it works, I'll stamp out a few extra. :beer:

While I have this thread open,

couple things I could use...

And I have a dodgy roll cage with front hoop to unload. If you like head trauma and sore knees , it's the cage for you. I cut off one of the rear diagonal braces, but it could be welded back on, or cut the other side to make it a full 6 point.

$- Trades?

I considered using it in the 45 but meh. If no one wants it I may use it to do a front hoop on my 61's bumper.

Last edited:
Seapotato, I don’t think I have anything valuable to add or trade on your project, but I’m curious about the roll cage thingy. Do you think it would/could work in the rear of my 74 so I can one day install shoulder strap belts back there?

Seapotato, I don’t think I have anything valuable to add or trade on your project, but I’m curious about the roll cage thingy. Do you think it would/could work in the rear of my 74 so I can one day install shoulder strap belts back there?

Front hoop has some goofy curves to it that work in a 40 but might look weird in a 74.

A couple stock 40 cages put together might look a lot better ?

Front hoop has some goofy curves to it that work in a 40 but might look weird in a 74.

A couple stock 40 cages put together might look a lot better ?
You guys could always get somebody to make you a proper cage? I know a few guys who have that technology. Re-purposing anything from the factory cage is a mistake. It is not a structural piece.

You guys could always get somebody to make you a proper cage? I know a few guys who have that technology. Re-purposing anything from the factory cage is a mistake. It is not a structural piece.

You're right of course, stock 40 cages are shyte. Just meant they're probably closer to the right dimensions for what he wants than this 1980's 40 series thing I have.

Likely straight out of a downey catalogue.

The trailer blew a tire. I've had it for 38 years, tires not so long. BUT, seems that it's official. 15" tires and
wheels are damned near obsolete. So the current wheels are old Nissan truck style, with the 4" BS
Looking for 3 Toyota wheels in 16" x 7" if I can to use a stock tire same size as a 235/75R15 If anyone has
something I can get let me know. I'd take them with tires too, but not too old or crappy. I don't want
a trailer specific tire cause worst case I want to be able to limp home on a trailer tire with the truck.

IMG_0342.JPG

The trailer blew a tire. I've had it for 38 years, tires not so long. BUT, seems that it's official. 15" tires and
wheels are damned near obsolete. So the current wheels are old Nissan truck style, with the 4" BS
Looking for 3 Toyota wheels in 16" x 7" if I can to use a stock tire same size as a 235/75R15 If anyone has
something I can get let me know. I'd take them with tires too, but not too old or crappy. I don't want
a trailer specific tire cause worst case I want to be able to limp home on a trailer tire with the truck.

View attachment 1794847

I bought a 16x7 at princess auto to use as a spare, it actually fit a cruiser front with no issues.

42608035_232449734287845_5904853671425867776_n.jpg

Fresh out of Columbia, rare 1983 FJ45 for 41000 Canadian...now thats work it.

In need of a center steering linkage for my BJ42, put two rebuild kits in only to find out the housing is completely worn out.
center_arm1-jpg.270606

Sounds great Steve, much thanks, heading up island to pickup a pile of parts in Black Creek...Maybe get down south over the weekend if you are around?

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom