VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I probably have one. I don't get home until Feb 8 to look

Seems like every parts store that wasn't part of the lordco or napa chains has become bumper to bumper.

Totally open to brands other than emu. I think they're pretty over rated. Especially now with the Dakar springs, bought a set for my 70. They sucked. Rigid as hell and more lean than the worn out junk they replaced.

The 61 having the crushing mass of a collapsed sun will probably help them flex I guess if I go that way.

Still debating if my crusty old 61 is even worth spending 2k on springs for.

I'm trying a set of Dobinsons.

After years of driving on sagged rear springs I finally broke a leaf in the front spring pack. So I just put on a set of Dobinsons. 8 leaf fronts and 7leaf 150kg constant load rears on my bj73. It rides better than before( a little stiff but nice).They were better priced than the emus . I am pretty happy with them so far. I combined them with Skyjacker Nitros from Lordco.( I seem to get good prices there).

I timed the shipment with a trip to the Van and went down to Bellingham to pick them up.

I'm finally getting around to doing some body work on my bj73 to avoid getting a VI on it...

I am wondering if anybody on the island has a left side front door, it would be even better if it was the silvery-grey colour so many of the rhd 70 series came over in,

I'm finally getting around to doing some body work on my bj73 to avoid getting a VI on it...

I am wondering if anybody on the island has a left side front door, it would be even better if it was the silvery-grey colour so many of the rhd 70 series came over in,

LH front door, the off door for RHD. Good luck finding one. I have seen exactly one on a parts truck that wasn't smashed
to crap and and it's on My truck now!
BTW who did you buy the Dobinsons springs from? The dealer in Florida? My OME on the 60 are maybe to be swapped out.
Just curious. Have you loaded the truck right up with the springs?

I had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy regarding that door. I used the parts cross-reference on toyodiy hoping that the prado and late model 70s(was thinking mine trucks) , would be the same door but according to it, they aren't. Can anyone confirm this?

Haven't loaded them up yet.( just got on last week)l I hope they handle weight well and have a good lifespan as I do a fair amount a towing with the truck.

Yep the guy in Miami, about as far from us a possible in North America,!

BTW who did you buy the Dobinsons springs from? The dealer in Florida? My OME on the 60 are maybe to be swapped out.
Just curious. Have you loaded the truck right up with the springs?

Yep the guy in Miami, about as far from us a possible in North America,!

We really need a Canadian dealer. I think there are enough customers to justify it. Business opportunity here folks....Keith? Graham? I'll be the first customer. I want to buy some Dobinson stuff too...

We really need a Canadian dealer. I think there are enough customers to justify it. Business opportunity here folks....Keith? Graham? I'll be the first customer. I want to buy some Dobinson stuff too...
I was asking Graham about the terrain tamer kits...then shortly thereafter got my assessment, and apparently the assessment guy needs a new yacht...so I'll be holding off on the non essential cruiser stuff for a while.

But yeah. A non emu option that isn't in California or Florida would be nice.

I just saw that a vancouver shop was going to start dealing in Dobinson. I'll dig though some facebook posts to see who it was. I noticed because they announced it a week after I had ordered from D Otero. Not sour by any means. Hopefully I can get cheap trim packers because i've got a leaning tower of landcruiser right now.
Side note. I'm very happy with the Dobinsons tapered dual rate coils. Love the road manners and comfort.

I just saw that a vancouver shop was going to start dealing in Dobinson. I'll dig though some facebook posts to see who it was. I noticed because they announced it a week after I had ordered from D Otero. Not sour by any means. Hopefully I can get cheap trim packers because i've got a leaning tower of landcruiser right now.
Side note. I'm very happy with the Dobinsons tapered dual rate coils. Love the road manners and comfort.

Yes, please post up who is dealing in Dobinson if you don't mind.

they came off a chev z24 I think they fit most cars as they have five bolt spacing and four bolt. As long as the rears don’t need a different offset.

Well they fit, thanks man!
I definitely owe you a beer or two at a meet up one of these days. :beer:

Course, now I'm going to have to borrow Cam's flat brimmed hat and white sunglasses just to drive it....:lol:

Well they fit, thanks man!
I definitely owe you a beer or two at a meet up one of these days. :beer:

Course, now I'm going to have to borrow Cam's flat brimmed hat and white sunglasses just to drive it....:lol:

That's pretty cool those fit. Good deal. When I've run wheels like that in the past, I've given them a little spray with black. Makes the awesome a little more subtle. :hillbilly:

Let’s see a picture!

Google icy hot stuntaz, that's pretty close...:lol:
That's pretty cool those fit. Good deal. When I've run wheels like that in the past, I've given them a little spray with black. Makes the awesome a little more subtle. :hillbilly:

Yeah I probably will. Going to redo some brakes and bearings on it soonish...I take it for the occasional hot lap on the backroad here to make sure it still runs...last one got a little spicey with the dodgy brakes and large bodies of water at every corner ...:hillbilly:

I was asking Graham about the terrain tamer kits...then shortly thereafter got my assessment, and apparently the assessment guy needs a new yacht...so I'll be holding off on the non essential cruiser stuff for a while.

But yeah. A non emu option that isn't in California or Florida would be nice.

A 60 is getting parted out down here has a set of ome’s no idea of pricing... low ball offers will be ignored!.

$1,234 · Parting Out. 1987 HJ60 landcruiser PARTS

Last edited:
Cool. Sent him an email. We'll see.

Pulling springs from a parts truck is one of the circles of hell I think, so there'll have to be a discount for it to be worth the misery.

Body looks pretty decent on it....probably a bondo show with no frame I'm guessing.

Sucky part about the lift kits, almost everything comes through the border. EMu pulled our dealer program years ago when i was still with Radd, they struck a deal with Western Warehouse and signed a deal for BC and Albert. Funny thing is North Shore off road still sells these kits

I think metal tech sells Iron Man lift kits, but again out of the states.

Just seen this in the 60 section as an answer for saggy springs. No idea if it just crap or not.
60166F15-33E6-4EC0-A90B-494F8F3B2394.png

SumoSprings® by SuperSprings® International, Inc.

Sumosprungs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom