VI: Buy/Sell/Trade, In Search Of (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That should still be available regular stock in auto parts store I would think? 40-45 should be the same?

They're quite expensive, looking for a cheaper functioning alternative.

not my truck, not my money

I don't remember them being that much? Maybe I'm remembering wrong or they've gone up in price. ..

nope, just checked $70-130 on rockauto.

Tell your friend to get off his wallet. :flipoff2:

Did you float the 'BC4WD Assoc' account by Lordco? They never ask for proof, might be interesting to
see how valuable it is. I get a deal at the local Ladysmith store, I'll ask Branden BRB

IMG_1761.JPG
Looking for a 40 series Brake Master Cylinder
for a 1977 fj45

This is from a 1972 fj40 no idea if it works but if it does How does a case of cheap beer sound?

Did you float the 'BC4WD Assoc' account by Lordco? They never ask for proof, might be interesting to
see how valuable it is. I get a deal at the local Ladysmith store, I'll ask Branden BRB

I actually get a pretty good discount at lordco through work, but i should try the 4wdabc account one day!
View attachment 1461328
This is from a 1972 fj40 no idea if it works but if it does How does a case of cheap beer sound?

I'll check to make sure they're the same and get back to you!

The drum vs disc thing might be an issue.

Honestly, they tend to go to s*** when they've been sitting around for a long time.

I've tried used ones and they don't tend to last more than a few pumps.

You can get the rebuild kits pretty cheap, like 35 bucks or so (again from that rockauto place, probably more at lordco.)

1977 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 4.2L L6 Master Cylinder Repair Kit | RockAuto

Agreed with Seapotato on the old ones not lasting. although I have gone the rebuild kit before and after two or three times of it failing every year or two I finally just bought new.

Also if the master has gone the wheel cylinders arnt far behind...

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Has anyone come across an 80 series grill... looking for one to modify so broken inner-bits is okay, outer bit should be intact ideally...

Stock
nengun-438288-00-toyota-land_cruiser_80_for_genuine_grille-7eeb28c53f.jpg

Modified
mounted2.jpg

Thanks!

Free for the taking (pickup only), ultra textured fake chrome outer door handle bling. 80 Series redneck repair for peeling painted handles. Came in a box of stuff I acquired so obviously someone else had second thoughts so you've been warned.
Might be good for a pub parking lot bedazzling of a club member ride when they're in the can. Boobie prize, hope the winner doesn't drive a 40, some trimming required and left over bits...

IMG_20170530_111229.jpg

IMG_20170530_111247.jpg

Looking for a 40 series Brake Master Cylinder
for a 1977 fj45
I'm a little late chiming in so maybe you've figured this out already but the bore size is bigger for the 45's. I got mine from Oz. I think it was $160. Our buck is close to the OZ $ so with shipping, it worked out to be about the same as buying one out of the US, only nobody I found in the US could get one. It was about 2 weeks. I can dig up the suppliers name if you still need it.

I'm a little late chiming in so maybe you've figured this out already but the bore size is bigger for the 45's. I got mine from Oz. I think it was $160. Our buck is close to the OZ $ so with shipping, it worked out to be about the same as buying one out of the US, only nobody I found in the US could get one. It was about 2 weeks. I can dig up the suppliers name if you still need it.

Excellent, that sounds great if you could!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom