Vessel Tools and JIS screwdrivers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vessel Tools and JIS screwdrivers MUD discount code!

Got these in today from JDV Products in Fair Lawn, NJ .
(201)796-1720 .

2012-03-01-004.jpg

I must say, those 980 series Megadora screwdrivers are some seriously hefty tools . The impact driver set was the biggest surprise, at $71 I thought maybe it was a bit overpriced until I picked it up - this thing is brutally heavy for it's size and even has a steel storage box ! The bit drive size is 1/2" SAE so using it with sockets should work well also. The included bit set is a heavy straight slot and #1-#4 JIS cross bit sizes . Even comes with a nice set of instructions.

Yesterday, the basic 3-piece set from McMaster-Carr came in and those aren't exactly cheapo , either .

2012-03-01-008.jpg

The set from McMaster are the basic 900 series Megadora and are very well made . I did find in some initial testing that these drivers not only fit the JIS screws on both the '77 40 and my '06 Corrola perfectly but also fit standard phillips screws amazingly tight . Wish I would have had these 30yrs ago .....
Cost on this 3 piece set from McMaster was $28.92 , plus ship . Well worth the money !

On a side note, after talking to their salesman he's interested in setting us up with a coupon code for IH8MUD discounts . He's in the process of contacting the mods to set this up . I told him about this great forum and the international following , he's working on carrying a larger stock quantity since I bought the last impact set they had in stock . Shipping/customer service is absolutely top notch and they also have several other lines of quality tools , just fyi ....

UPDATE - When you place an order on JDV's site enter the coupon code IH8MUD and receive a 10% discount ! Thanks to Larry Konight at JDV !

Sarge

Last edited:
i would be down for a group buy

Count me in.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I noticed a typo on the original post - the Megadora series is the 900 type. Impacta is the 980 and much heavier (think - weapon) that has the metal thru-cap for striking. Huge difference, the Impacta weighs twice as much and they just feel so much more solid in your paws when trying to break a 35yr old screw from it's crusty hole.
I had the impact driver out again today whacking screws like a game of whack-a-mole. Only had one that took two smacks, most came loose with one good solid hit .
Sarge

Thanks for all the interest - coupon code is in effect . On JDV's site just enter IH8MUD to receive the 10% discount . This is my way of paying this forum back a bit for all the great info and support/help from it's outstanding membership .

I rarely get excited about a new tool, but these drivers from Vessel are absolutely top quality. The impact driver is fast paced to the top of my favorite's list - those door striker and windshield hinge screws didn't have a chance without it .
Sarge

Hi All:

Is this what you are writing about?

900/KIT | Screwdriver Sets | Screwdrivers | Hand Tools | VESSEL TOOLS

-Alan

Got these in today from JDV Products in Fair Lawn, NJ .
(201)796-1720 .

2012-03-01-004.jpg

I must say, those 980 series Megadora screwdrivers are some seriously hefty tools . The impact driver set was the biggest surprise, at $71 I thought maybe it was a bit overpriced until I picked it up - this thing is brutally heavy for it's size and even has a steel storage box ! The bit drive size is 1/2" SAE so using it with sockets should work well also. The included bit set is a heavy straight slot and #1-#4 JIS cross bit sizes . Even comes with a nice set of instructions.

Yesterday, the basic 3-piece set from McMaster-Carr came in and those aren't exactly cheapo , either .

2012-03-01-008.jpg

The set from McMaster are the basic 900 series Megadora and are very well made . I did find in some initial testing that these drivers not only fit the JIS screws on both the '77 40 and my '06 Corrola perfectly but also fit standard phillips screws amazingly tight . Wish I would have had these 30yrs ago .....
Cost on this 3 piece set from McMaster was $28.92 , plus ship . Well worth the money !

On a side note, after talking to their salesman he's interested in setting us up with a coupon code for IH8MUD discounts . He's in the process of contacting the mods to set this up . I told him about this great forum and the international following , he's working on carrying a larger stock quantity since I bought the last impact set they had in stock . Shipping/customer service is absolutely top notch and they also have several other lines of quality tools , just fyi ....

UPDATE - When you place an order on JDV's site enter the coupon code IH8MUD and receive a 10% discount ! Thanks to Larry Konight at JDV !

Sarge

Hi All:

The discount code does work when just ordering over the internet!

Regards,

Alan

Confirmed that the coupon is still working. I actually found this thread after building a cart on the jdv site and searching for "vesseltools coupon". Glad to see that mud knows where it's at =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom