For Sale very good 40 on craigs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I knew the owner of this. He was an original founder of the first 4 wheel drive club in AZ. He bought his first FJ40 new in 1962.
He restored a half dozen over the years. This one he meticulously restored and finished in the early 2000's but never really drove
it very often as he developed a macular degeneration of the eyes. He lost night vision first then slowly went to legal blindness.
He wouldn't sell his baby . He just kept putting parts on it and changing oils and adding lockers , lights, and extras as if some
day he'd drive it. In the mean time he started and finished a 45 . He passed five or six years ago. the wife sold the 45 .
The son got the 40. I have pictures of his 45 since i had done a rear bumper on it about ten years ago. His 45 shows how much
detail he put into everything. The 40 has sat long enough the paint is fading and upholstery is aging. It seems to have a couple
ground issues in the dash or just bad contacts in the wiper and light switches but the truck would be a good value by today's standards

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2777.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

Last edited:
Wow. What a gem. My wife would kill me if I brought it home.

I can keep and build my current 40... but there’s not enough places to use it anymore to justify a second.

After 24 years with a SBC... I’d not let that scare you off. With the right exhaust it’ll be quiter than a 2F.

To the seller... GLWS and I’m sorry for your loss.

Very good? 🤔 Good? Reasonable, maybe...

And what for are those FJ45 pics?

I knew the owner who built this since the eighties. He built the 45 after he built the 40. He didn't have garage space for the 40 which is why the clear coat is going and interior wear. Maybe Dave @lcwizard remembers t but believe this was a Arizona rust free vehicle. May be hard to believe but rust free cruisers were fairly easy to find in Arizona years ago. Can't remember when he finished this but he already had it when we met just not restored. I was friends with the owner who past and haven't been in contact with the family since. I also do not run V8 but Dave knows about the conversion.

Believe Dave posted pictures of the 45 to give people a idea of quality of work. Guessing it has been nine years since I seen the 76 FJ40 and paint was in much better condition then. Arizona has a dirty little secret. Areas it snows they salt the roads. Globe is not a area it snows so underlying rust would not be a issue. People want Arizona cruisers because the lack of rust. Dealing with UV damage is much easier and cheaper than chasing rust.

In the US, rust free, damage free 40s with a full hardtop have become outrageously expensive. The only other two on Phoenix C/L right now are

I doubt I would want to take the tan one off road and the green one has serious body issues

In the US, rust free, damage free 40s with a full hardtop have become outrageously expensive. The only other two on Phoenix C/L right now are

I doubt I would want to take the tan one off road and the green one has serious body issues
Curious, have you seen it recently? Love LC's out of Arizona here in the salty NE!

He did, but unfortunately only drove it a couple times. His eyesight went about the time it was ready for the rode. He did get to passenger in it however.
His son took him on some extended drives out of the city
thanks dave he was a good dude i feel better knowing he got to at least ride in it on dirt

What is for sale? The 40 or 45 or both of them? I’m interested in both of them so can you please let me know which one is available. Thank you so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom