verum verum veerum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
So this has happened a few times and im afraid it might be the tranny?

Start the truck up cold warms up for a bit but not all the way, im backing out of the drive way and theres a lip so i give it some throttle and then hit the brakes to put her in forward. just as i do this the truck idles dunny and reves up and down going verum verum verum until i give it some gas to go, then it drives normal again. any ideas? is this signs that the tranny is slipping or does this sound more engine related?

thanks
mike

Nothing that I have experienced, but sounds like a warning sign to me.

Very curious by your discription. Theres a lot of us, someone will chime in I hope.

Oh, alright.

Check for tears in the intake tube.

(Your engine may look different)
tear.JPG

i replaced that hose about 2 years ago and checked it again today, no luck there checked some of the other hoses around and there dont seem to be any cuts or rips there either? truck still runns fine, its done this a couple times though?

mike

Now lets think about the dynamics that the engine is going through. I thought about this a little bit today.

1. You are backing up a steep incline? that would be load
2. You are hitting a point where the load is amplified by the curb and you must throttle up in order to pop over it. That would be increased RPM.
3. You are then rolling to a quick stop. That would cause sloshing of the fuel in the fuel tank, a fast change in load followed by an abrupt switch from loaded to unloaded and back to loaded.
4. You rev the engine (in gear? out of gear? while driving forward?) and it doesn't duplicate it again except in the above scenarios?

:popcorn:

all of the above are true, after rolling back wards to a stop nothing then once i put it in drive the weird reving occures, i paused a second after hearing it then gave it a bit of gas to roll forward to see if it still happened, once i did this the truck went back to normal, and drove normal too.

i really appreciate the help

mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom