Vermont wheeling trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to hit the road and do some wheeling and camping for several days. Since most of PA is shut down I'm thinking Vermont is the destination, as it's accessible to the public, correct? Is anyone interested in this last moment trip? I'm pretty flexible with timing right now so I'm willing to work with others schedule @Pacer @fireball
also, any info or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

I loved getting there via Bennington and heading from there to Jamaica Falls, then work your way north.
Most of the trail network seems to be mid state, Rockingham Woodstock areas....
Dunno about lodging or if you are allowed to squat in the woods, Ben could tell you more.

Could work your way all the way to the Great North Woods of Maine and REALLY disappear for a while.

I have this on my list of "local" (relatively speaking) places to wheel:

Dorset Vermont Cave Wheeling 03/13/16 - YouTube

Old quarry in Dorset VT.

FWIW right now is the middle of mud season in Vermont and it’s frowned upon to use the trails and class 4 roads. There are gravel forest roads throughout GMNF that are open and passable and nice dispersed camping along those roads. Check before you go but I don’t think they’ve banned dispersed camping like they have in PA.

Little late to this thread...but I live in the heart of Vermont and surrounded by a plethora of trails legal for 4 and 2 wheels. June 1st through December 15th I think are the usual dates for when the trails are open for vehicles weighing more than 1000 lbs. So technically a moto is allowed on the trails as soon as the snow is gone. But generally I hold off on moto trail use until things dry up a bit in May.

Dorset as mentioned above is a great playground for 4 and 2 wheels. Some really steep and rocky challenging trails. You can drive to the top but you might lose some fenders on the way as the current East side trail gets very narrow. The western approach is steep and also very narrow in places. I've only ever ridden over the mountain on a motorcycle.

Lots of trails in North and South of Rte 4 in the Bridgewater area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom