SOLD Vermont, 1979 FJ40 For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
If you are looking for a late model FJ40 as a restoration project, here you go. This is a stock FJ40 currently stored in my barn. This rig will drive onto a trailer.

Why the sale? We've decided to reduce the fleet of projects and let go of one. I bought this 1979 about 5 years ago from a local carpenter that had it for yrs. He sourced it from Georgia which explains the best feature of this project. This 79 has the cleanest undercarriage I've seen on a 40. There is simply nothing wrong underneath, no delamination, no surface scaling, nada....

I gave this 79 to my wife on our wedding day in 2018 and we planned to restore it, but a 60 and 55 project are in line first and we need the room.

Good points: It drives. The 79 has factory disk brakes up front. The 2F engine runs well, compression numbers are within FSM specifications. It has a cool Confer toolbox up front. Rear jump seats and roll bar are intact. The dash is missing a few knobs, but it is not not sliced up. The hard to find heating elements that defrost the windows are intact. Has OE Toyota floor mats covering the transmission tunnel. Windshield is intact. Hood, apron, grill are all good. Transmission and transfer case work well. Rims and tires are good. Tires are surprisingly good, even tread...best rollers I've seen.

The honest bad: This is a driver if the body was repaired. Minimally the PS and DS floorboards need patching/replacement, as does the rear quarters and sill. I'd replace the whole tub. The hard top has repairable rust issues, a rear cracked sliding window, and a crack in the fiberglass top. The rear ambulance doors need work on the bottoms. Front seat belts are aftermarket. Rear jump seats are intact but need recovering (OE seatbelts present). Front seats are aftermarket, I believe. I don't think the hood is a 79, it has chrome which I think is from a late 60s. Engine bay: Its been partially desmogged. Has a weber carb. Missing air rail (might have a spare). Washer fluid bottle cracked. Alternator removed, is in a box.

Posted below are some pics. Located in Shelburne, Vermont (05482). I have a Georgia title showing transfer, and a bill of sale showing the transfer to me. Listing for $4500.

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

Last edited:
Highly interested. Got any pictures of the underside to verify it’s as clean as you say?
Hi...Yes, I have frame pictures. If you send me a PM with your cell number, I'll forward what I have. Its a clean frame.

Thanks folks. I have an offer from the good gentleman in NC. Unimog is #2, and RDR2325 is next in line. Will post updates if this changes. -K

Nice looking GSP
Thanks. I appreciate that. It’s a long story, but I actually got that dog and his sister from the Ih8mudg. About 12 years ago there was a guy posting two dogs that he had to give away because he had small children in the house. I used mudship to get them from North Carolina to New York where I pick them up.

Love them GSP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom