verifying vac lines and routing on 85/60 2F/Desmogged (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, 77-79 Federal Aisin carb on 2F in 85 FJ60 build. Just about ready to fire this up. Attached are pis of the carb, DS, from the front then PS. I have my lines numbered and believe there correct but still have a question or two..Before anybody starts...I hovered ALL the desmond numerous times, printed them, studied them but there's caveats...Some of those are different so, Picture on DS, #1 Blocked vent to Charcoal can (Don't have one..yet
#2 Choke breaker that will go to intake?? #3 I don't know... #4Blocked #5 PCV line to intake
Front view of carb, #6 Blocked, also note the return line on the card is blocked off. PS of carb, #7 Blocked,
#8 Blocked, #9 vac line to inner nipple on the Dizzy.
I'm waiting on some carb linkage and a few other odds and ends, trying to figure out the lower hoses and pipe for the radiator need pictures, parts drawings don't show anything, will have to replace the water pump so I have the extra small pipe outlet, will have AC but that's in the future. I made a pretty slick Saginaw mount from an old smog pump bracket, should work well. I believe with the prices on 3 groove pulleys I'll end up getting a sheave and machine it and put it on the two groove I have.
29B1E7D7-7E8D-49F9-878A-7EB5826574D2_1_201_a.jpeg
94E9F7C0-DFDC-4B04-85E8-653873D83251_1_201_a.jpeg
1436FE5D-CCFF-46F8-9406-29DD6B110E54_1_201_a.jpeg

It looks like you capped off the main suspects.
I don't know what # 3 in your first picture is either.

Choke breaker on FJ60 2F is hooked up like this:

image.jpeg

Thanks very much. I appreciate it.

i like your new fuel line concept !

did you personally hand bend it your self ?

regarding your water pump , Lower Radiator Hoses and Metal Tube w/ A/C option and rear heater too ..........

PM me

i can help out here

i DO have parts diagrams on ALL the TECH too , but i need a few more specifics on what era parts are involved too on this 85 FJ60 ?

Water Pump w/ extra small pipe option ., I Have you Covered here 100% solid too

please let me know how i can further help in any way

matt

OK, 77-79 Federal Aisin carb on 2F in 85 FJ60 build. Just about ready to fire this up. Attached are pis of the carb, DS, from the front then PS. I have my lines numbered and believe there correct but still have a question or two..Before anybody starts...I hovered ALL the desmond numerous times, printed them, studied them but there's caveats...Some of those are different so, Picture on DS, #1 Blocked vent to Charcoal can (Don't have one..yet
#2 Choke breaker that will go to intake?? #3 I don't know... #4Blocked #5 PCV line to intake
Front view of carb, #6 Blocked, also note the return line on the card is blocked off. PS of carb, #7 Blocked,
I'm waiting on some carb linkage and a few other odds and ends, trying to figure out the lower hoses and pipe for the radiator need pictures, parts drawings don't show anything, will have to replace the water pump so I have the extra small pipe outlet, will have AC but that's in the future. I made a pretty slick Saginaw mount from an old smog pump bracket, should work well. I believe with the prices on 3 groove pulleys I'll end up getting a sheave and machine it and put it on the two groove I have.View attachment 2724014

View attachment 2724015View attachment 2724025

The larger pipe on the Right is I think what you need

if I understand all your tech notes above ?

071756B6-6993-417B-970A-9BF6D8E7B840.jpeg
960C0883-6137-40E8-A790-10781A98CD76.jpeg

This is your Needed water pump with the extra small tube or pipe u refer to

note the JAPAN OEM toyota genuine parts cast TEQ logo
NOT ground off or filed in any way

make sure u install one exactly like this one un altered

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thx, I believe your correct. The pipe on the right is what I have. I will likely run the water pump I have now till I know everything else working etc.
I have a 78 2F engine putting it in a 85/60. w/air..but..I am waiting to put air in. I have the mounts etc, lines evaporator etc, no compressor.
Need to get it running first. Just finishing up some electrical and vacuum lines and I'll see what happens

And..running a big distributor and dented side cover. I made my own fuel line...practice makes perfect...I have a small pile of wrongly bent tubing. Always check your plans...I think I could do a tutorial on it now...
You know...reading faq's and threads is dangerous...some are right and some are...kinda right? For example I will test the theory that the fuel pump is internally controlled for overpressure??
I fully expect that I will encounter vapor locks? whatever but we'll see. Trying to make it incredibly simple like it should be. The most interesting thing is adding the sheave to the dampner. for the AC, n I have access to the lathe, know how to do it and just ned a donor sheave. Cannot believe someone else has not done it with them being so rare and expensive??

I'm waiting on some carb linkage and a few other odds and ends, trying to figure out the lower hoses and pipe for the radiator need pictures, parts drawings don't show anything, will have to replace the water pump so I have the extra small pipe outlet, will have AC but that's in the future. I made a pretty slick Saginaw mount from an old smog pump bracket, should work well. I believe with the prices on 3 groove pulleys I'll end up getting a sheave and machine it and put it on the two groove I have.View attachment 2724014View attachment 2724015View attachment 2724025
#9 to distributor
#5 to pcv

plug everything else on the carb

looks like your right in track

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom