Venting about Cruiser Parts.net (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been trying to get a hold Cruiser Parts.net for 2 days to buy a rebuilt engine and they did not call back or answer their phones. So, I bought the engine elsewhere and they missed on a $4500 sale. Finally, they called me back today. Since I had them on the phone, I asked if they had any seat fabric. They had a used piece from the back seat they were willing to sell for $120. I thought it was steep but I needed it. You would think they would cover the shipping on a piece of cloth or at least charge a small fee. NO! they told me the shipping will be $17.50. I agreed again. I got the invoice and they added a Fuel surcharge of $5.60 and an environmental charge of $2.04 on top of the $17.50. Last I checked, fuel is at its lowest and I am not sure about the environmental charge.
I lost all respect for this company. I am calling them tomorrow to cancel the order. It is not the extra $7.64, but the idea that I am charged hidden fees without being told first.
UPDATE: I was able to get a hold of someone and they said they can remove the fuel and environmental but that my shipping would increase by the same amount. I didn't see the logic. We discussed and he agreed to waive it. I am so glad they did. It was never about the $9 for me, but more of the fact that I was never informed of the extra charges. I am glad they made it right and I will use them again despite this hiccup.

Last edited:
What's a fuel surcharge? I've never even heard of that.

What's a fuel surcharge? I've never even heard of that.
When I ordered my 80 front axle from a wrecker several hundred miles away they shipped it to me via a shipping company they use. I go to pick it up and they added like an extra $150 "fuel surcharge". They had me, what was I going to do? I'm just some one-off customer who won't use them again so they don't care.

this will probably get moved,
there's a section for this:

When I ordered my 80 front axle from a wrecker several hundred miles away they shipped it to me via a shipping company they use. I go to pick it up and they added like an extra $150 "fuel surcharge". They had me, what was I going to do? I'm just some one-off customer who won't use them again so they don't care.

Well sure, but he's talking about a piece of fabric with a shipping charge already attached. Did they drive 20 miles both ways to the PO and charge him?

With all the bad behavior that has been written over the years about this company, it is amazing that people continue to shop there, even after being screwed and ignored previously. This company will never change, they don't care. Simply shop somewhere else or expect to be taken advantage of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom