vent windows - what years? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so are these things like the magical mystery or what? Anyone know if there were ever vent windows (like what is seen below) in a 77? Even if outside the US I'd like to know as I'd like to get them on the 77 Fj45.

Last edited:
Not in the USA.

There were available overseas...

Good luck!

Call Marv, he may have something lying around.

-Steve

Last edited:
I'm not going to donate any kidneys - if they were available in OZ or somewhere else I'll find 'em and just get 'em shipped.

But they were definitely available that would fit a 77? I thought that maybe the frame around the door would be different or sumpding.

Thick 40 series door, 1975-1984 will work, even on an earlier tub....

:beer:

started(ie never ended from the 2 piece doors) in 75 I think in other NON US markets. But some US 83 fj40's got them(like the one on Ebay) I hear if you have 80-ish+ US doors with out the vents, they can be added.........but good luck finding the parts to do so. (some of the parts are actaully in stock in the US, like the window glass, but thats it I think.

Getting the whole doors could be spendy..........

I like them.......but personaly I like the wide open single window better, it makes the cruiser feel more open and is nicer to hang your arm out of and one less place to leak water.

My 76 HJ-45 (Oz-spec'd) does not have the vent wing windows.

dieseldog said:

someone snare them before you got the truck.... ;)

I LOVE YO-BOY!

:beer:

hmmmm, maybe 77 then ;)

dieseldog said:

Mike,
There is the guy in the vendor section selling new tubs from Panama that he makes and will be shipping them to the US. Maybe he can find a used what your looking for and add that to the shipment. Worth a shot.

Ken

my 80 hj45 has em, my 76 40 doesn't. aussie spec

I have a new set of oem gaskets for the late model vents if anyone is in need...got them by accident 4 or f years ago...

If the gaskets fit on a 72's doors, I'd like to know what you'd want for them. My doors are shot and Im in the middle of refurbishing them.

about 2 years ago TLC in So Cal was selling "new" doors in the box with wing windows. I think the price was $750.00 each. I dont know if they still have them. I saw them when I visited there shop.

If I recall those were new Bandi doors, all gone I think, Rick D had a set.

I think the inner panels were fancier than a normal door, look for the pics of the fj45 Crew cabs TLC was making......those should be the same doors

65-fj45 said:
about 2 years ago TLC in So Cal was selling "new" doors in the box with wing windows. I think the price was $750.00 each. I dont know if they still have them. I saw them when I visited there shop.

I live in Honduras, Central America, and some of our 40s and 45s have them. They use a different window cranking mechanism. Its odd, but here nobody likes them... I know of like 2 people who have paid to have them changed to the one window system because thieves break into cruisers by braking those little vent windows. To change them is just a matter of replacing parts, that is, the doors sheet metal is the same.

regards

My 1980 hj45 has the vent window which i will be chucking in the bin.If I haven't already.
I like the single window.
If anybody wants them there yours for 20c each.

Tez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom