Vent window assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I purchased my 1972 FJ40 the doors were disassembled. Trying to put the vent windows back in and I don't know the orientation and order that the washers, spring and nuts go on. Does anyone have a diagram that shows the order of the parts and orientation of the little hook washer? Also, I don't know if I'm missing any of the parts. If so, what?

20230205_171850.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the items below the "stopper" ( washer w/ hook). From the looks of it I may be missing a couple of smaller washers below the stopper but above the window frame part with the vertical hook on it. So I think it's (from the top) - stopper, washer, washer, frame, washer, spring, washer, nut, nut.

Anyone know which direction the stopper should face when the window is closed?

Here's an update so this may be helpful to anyone who comes across this. I figured out the orientation and parts needed and was able to get the vent windows installed. The hook goes towards the ourside and keeps the window from swinging around too far. I still think there's some adjustment to the nuts and spring so the window stays open while driving. Thankfully there's that hole for adjustment in the door. Cheers.

20230209_175906.jpg

I was trying to find a pic of when I had mine apart last year. Yours looks correct but I recall there were one or two plastic washers in there as well that go below the stopper and above the washer on top of the spring. I think those are what allow it to pivot smoothly with the nuts tight enough to keep it open while driving.

I'll add that if like me you are missing the stoppers you can buy the ones from 70 series that are available. They won't block the rotation are they are smaller on the outside but have the right thickness and correct inside hole shape so it allows the window to work properly (and if you are not too stupid you will feel the gasket forcing long before going too far).

Spring from 70 series are also available and work perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom