Venezuelan Imported FJ80, any info? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone have any experience with FJ80's from Venezuela, I know they were made down there for quite a while. I am looking at possibly picking up a 93 with a 1FZ-F carb'd engine with 190k on the clock...Looks pretty clean from a visual state, no sunroof, center console fridge, manual hubs, steel jelly bean wheels. It's got that thick padded interior like you see on the JDM cars...it has a certain cool factor but that motor kinda scares me and I have no idea what other components are mismatched to what we normally see in the states. If it has Manual hubs does that mean it's not full time 4wd like our 80's? Just seeing what folks think of these as I have never even seen one. any info is appreciated...TIA

I saw the one you're looking at on FB marketplace, assuming its the blue one. Seems like decent condition and could be a cool truck for the price. Yes that should be part-time 4wd with the manual locking front hubs.

Sounds like a cool rig.

Left or right hand drive?

My biggest concern would be neglect. I would bet vehicles in Venezuela don't receive the best maintenance and care.

I saw the one you're looking at on FB marketplace, assuming its the blue one. Seems like decent condition and could be a cool truck for the price. Yes that should be part-time 4wd with the manual locking front hubs.
That's the one, I been eye balling it for a while...He dropped the price to a reasonable level that I think I'm gonna go look at it this weekend. Seller claims to be the one who imported it and has had it 4 years....

Got photos of the blue 80?

FWIW Venezuela had the 1FZFE with a distributor-less coil-pack ignition which had a bit more HP and torque compared to the US FZJ80 model that had an older tech distributor. Don't know if all the model years between 1998 and 2007 got that engine however.

Got photos of the blue 80?

FWIW Venezuela had the 1FZFE with a distributor-less coil-pack ignition which had a bit more HP and torque compared to the US FZJ80 model that had an older tech distributor. Don't know if all the model years between 1998 and 2007 got that engine however.
This one's a '93 so it's likely a carby. we'll see...

If it's a 5 speed stick shift it won't be to bad with a carb. if it's a auto not so much. a coil pack 1FZfe would be really cool !!

Carb’d 1fz can be turboed easily. Good reason to consider it.

Beware of rust from Venezuela rigs. Not sure if my experience (just 1 vehicle) was a fluke, or if it was abused, or other factors I haven't considered.

The first one I got was imported through FL, then a TX rig, and I got it in NM. The body mounts were completely rotten and unusable on one side, and almost as bad on the other.

The frame was in decent shape. Some rusting, but not like some of the rust belt vehicles people post up on here.

Don't fear the carb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom