Vendor help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who's the hook up for some 80-series backing plate eliminators and caliper end hoses??

Uh, Witz End? I do not understand what parts you are asking about? No smarty pants reply. I really don’t know if you are referring to hard line brake lines (partsq or fred anderson toyota) or soft line with extension (slee braided lines). Help me help you.

Removal of the backing plates is a thing? I'm pretty sure the short axle to caliper soft lines are available almost everywhere. If you want to get fancy, like @Comet said above, check out Slee and Wits End

Removal of the backing plates is a thing? I'm pretty sure the short axle to caliper soft lines are available almost everywhere. If you want to get fancy, like @Comet said above, check out Slee and Wits End
It's a custom axle housing build not a removal 'THING'....

OK. I'm not sure how I could have understood that from your initial question. I've been through a few build threads where folks had used/built custom axle housings, and I hadn't noticed if there were still backing plates in place or not. In the simplest terms, what you are after is a big "washer" with the appropriate hole spacing correct?

This being a new build I don't have a pair of used backing plates to either use or cut up so eliminators would typically be used. What I'm finding is....nothing yet for an 80...Guess I'll get to looking for a good used pair.

Never seen a backing plate eliminator for the rear of an 80 series, probably since most people keep the rear drum parking brake. Find a used set and cut away.

I'm an idiot and thought I read rear backing plates...

Non out there in the market, just remove and play.

Front brake fitting is a 10x1 inverted flare.
Rear brake fitting is a 10x1 banjo, should be easy to source to whatever hose you want to use.

Last edited:
I removed the front backing plates on my 80 did not use a spacer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom