Vehicle Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
James wanted, James gets!

I am MIchael Mud name "Dreamin"
This is my 66 FJ40, in my driveway, and on the base of Loon Dam. (by the tree, early mornign, I am in the tent)
107_1081.jpg
loon.jpg

Michael,
Nice emergency break, We'll have to ask our safety chair "Jeeper Ron" if that's a approved system. Do you carry that rock with you?

I'm Bob. This is the 1974 FJ40 that I have owned since 1976. Pic was taken at SurfNTurf2008, right after I slammed the nose into the bottom of a dune, breaking off both my windhield anchors :hillbilly:
Thanks for the fix, Michael!
SNT2008.jpg

Tony and Cindy...
IM000670.jpg

Knorr boys

Split pea (70 fj40 ) &55guy (70 fj55 ) @ surf &turf
pismo 08 019.jpg

roundup2007_00012_jpg.jpg

my 67 40 at lone star roundup 2007 jeff dirks riding shotgun
roundup2007_00012_jpg.jpg

How Lemony got home

Rolling now but not 4x ready, broke the rear ring and replaced it with 4.56 now I have to do the front and arb to match.
aaa.jpg
ground gears3.jpg

wow, that came out of the FJ?

What were you doing?? Do tell.

3rd 4th and 5th and only took off 1/2 of the ring gear teeth. Hollister in december, sharp left into a really steep hill just dirt no rocks. Tim Scully winched his land rover over after almost going over backwards. A manual FJ made it on the 3rd or 4th try. So now its my turn and I'm thinking here we go I bet that all those postings of early auto fjs having weak ring gears were crap, Freeman Toyota say's toyota changes part numbers all the time... just because lots of the ones before feb 07 part / number change break, theres no problem with it. Soo 3rd try bang, tim says thats not good... just to amke sure 4th bang, 5th bang and then I rolled all the way out of the park with the rear end playing little drummer boy. All the other Fj's turned around after that. Then AAA Premier brought me all the way home.
So now I have new 4.56 gears in the back, third thats 2 weeks newer and swapping out rear third is now on did-it list. Next month I will have to yank out the front clam, find someone to put in an ARB and matching gears' n send my leaky coilovers back to procomp for rebuild. Having never done gears i'm doubting my gear, pinion, backlash set up thing abilities.

Here's our stable in first pic, ready to be packed for Rubithon 05

Wagon stays home:D

second pic is a family trip to Cow Mt, Thanksgiving 07
front rwb.jpg
cowmt07.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom