Vehicle ID plate - engine bay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Between May of 1969 and November of 2007 some numbnuts made it impossible to read nameplate info mounted inside the engine bay...looks like a heavy wire wheel got ahold of it. :doh:

So here's the question -

Can I determine the factory paint color another way? More of a curiosity than anything else...

I don't think the color codes where on the ID plate that early...

Between May of 1969 and November of 2007 some numbnuts made it impossible to read nameplate info mounted inside the engine bay...looks like a heavy wire wheel got ahold of it.

Data tag on the inner fender only indicated engine family, Year Of Make, VIN/Frame number. In 1978 Toyota made a data plate that secured to the engine side of the bulkhead on the right side of the vehicle in the USA version of the 40 series. Along with the paint code, this tag also had axle gearing and transmission information.

Can I determine the factory paint color another way?

What color is the under side of the dash painted?

What color is the inside of the pocket?

This is the best picture of the interior paint I have for now...

Don't know if it's Volcanic or Colorado (coronado) beige. 69 by the way...

IMG_0289.jpg

Data tag on the inner fender only indicated engine family, Year Of Make, VIN/Frame number. In 1978 Toyota made a data plate that secured to the engine side of the bulkhead on the right side of the vehicle in the USA version of the 40 series. Along with the paint code, this tag also had axle gearing and transmission information.

I did not know that. Thank you! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom