SOLD Sold: Vegas / 1986 / LHD HJ61 / 12ht / 5spd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Imported and restored by Land Cruiser Restorations in Kansas City ~3 years ago. Currently titled and registered in NV and purchased from another mud owner in April 2021 this year. Since acquIring the vehicle I added an OEM AC by sourcing parts both online and locally (not easy!) and was installed through a reputable Land Cruiser shop and vintage AC shop in Vegas, upgraded stereo & speakers, Bowfin roof rack, upgraded Tuffy center console, rear trunk cargo plate, general maintenance, etc. I drive it weekly as a daily driver putting on about 100 miles per week roughly picking up and dropping off kids essentially. Matching VIN stamp plate in engine bay and VIN frame stamp is on the vehicle, as this is required to legally title/register it in NV.

This is a 1986 gem, but it is a 1986! So please don't expect a perfect vehicle! It is a nice and rare HJ61. This is all original and not a swap! Hub locking differentials as well, it does not have the cable lockers. Cash, cashiers check, wire, or crypto. Clean and free title in-hand.

Need a daily driver. So looking for a newer low mileage, RAV4, 4runner, Tundra, etc. Must have Toyota warranty and be in new condition. Only looking for a Toyota or Lexus, nothing else as of the moment.

The interior and exterior is in great condition. It was restored by Land Cruiser Restorations (not by me lol). I will take more pics in the under carriage and engine bay, and anything else that I would like to know if I was interested in the vehicle. The engine runs strong and the transmission and clutch feel good as well. When I purchased the vehicle, it was from a mudder in the midwest. He drove it to Denver from Chicago, and I picked it up in Denver and drove it back to Vegas.

Issues or concerns. I drive it daily, but it is an old car! haha. There is a small oil leak coming (looks like it's from the head gasket). I get maybe a drop or two every other day I drive it. When the AC was added in a lot of lines were not able to be sourced, so a lot of lines were fabricated to fit a NEW OEM compressor. I've notice there is some connections that need to be tightened down and checked (not a big deal), but since it was installed by a shop I will be taking it back to check the AC system all over again since it was just completed less than 2 months ago! I have receipts to show all the work done (cost me $4,200 for the install and $1000 in parts).

That's it, I want to find a home for this gem and I'm hoping it can stay in the mudder community. I will be posting it on expedition portal and some other places I'm a member of. I have a lot fo extra parts as well (brakes, water pump, etc...).

Price: $37,500

I'm not in hurry to sell and I want to make sure I'm upfront as possible and provide as much information as needed as we are are buying things mostly "sight unseen". I'm open to FaceTime and have some videos on my YouTube of when I purchased the vehicle earlier this year.

I will updating this post as I know there is a lot of stuff I'm missing or forgetting to add.

Best way to get a hold of me is through text or call. 847-302-tree 2 FIFE Niner.

Some YouTube vids:

Cheers!

606C5045-089D-42AF-A42A-C3EAA23ADB5B.jpeg

F11B67DC-4DB8-483C-B76A-9E5D3699C593.jpeg

C1029ACF-6FB1-4B05-ACF1-19BCD7CC9B12.jpeg

A9347C99-1EAE-47C2-BCEE-AEBAA54C40BC.jpeg

B5557E64-5065-490B-A82D-3ED602072BF4.jpeg

F2DA0966-8BC3-4242-AF3A-144DFBB21CB6.jpeg

DCDA2FBD-2954-4E4E-BD64-275885CBA48D.jpeg

EB8864C6-D37E-4CE2-AC7F-83621243081D.jpeg

8A09EE55-3979-429D-97B3-79826E73C2E2.jpeg

94F39757-2530-41DE-ACB8-9AFB498B2593.jpeg

Last edited:
Sad to see you’re moving on from this truck. It’s plenty fun to drive and is reliable. Nice rig.

Joel is a stand up guy, I can vouch for his character.

Good luck with the sale.

Looks pretty clean, but freshly painted would be better wording then restored

I have a full walk around and startup video I made for a potential buyer that I can share with anyone else that is interested. She's still for sale at the moment. Let's get her sold this weekend.

There is room on the price. So for anyone serious, hit me up and we will take it from there.

Keep sending me those Toyota trades as well! I do need a daily driver when this thing goes!

Some members have messaged me about any price considerations. In all fairness, I said I would post it up. One and only drop, as I'm not in need in selling this vehicle, but I also understand it's not in 'perfect' condition per say. X-posted on other forums as well.

From $37,500 --> $34,500 firm as it sits (max trax not included)

Any additional questions, please text or call.

Last and final drop. $32,000, if she doesn't sell, I'll put this on bat and let it ride. Appreciate all the messages and offers to-date.

$32,000 and for Xmas I'll split shipping (open trailer) anywhere in the 48 states. Let's get this thing moved. Happy holidays everyone...

- I'm getting a good amount of trade requests. I'm really only looking for a something newer. 2017 or newer Tacoma or 4runner at this point. Appreciate the messages.

Got it! Thank you sir! It was great talking with you and you getting back like you said. Man of his word. I can tell the HJ61 will go to a good home. It was meant to be... talk soon!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom