Veering a bit, what to check first? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have good tires, I rotate them regularly and check the pressure regularly, so those are good.

Randomly one day my steering wheel was cocked at 10 or 15 degrees to go straight. I didn't have any work done on the vehicle around this time. My wife says she didn't hit anything, I believe her. I drove fine like this for a few weeks.

Now it sorta veers. By that, I mean I'll correct to the left to keep a straight line, then it'll pull it bit harder left. I'll then correct right, a few moments later it'll pull right. I just drove 12 hours each way for a vacation, it was very annoying.

There isn't any audible clunking, knocks, or thuds.

I'm guessing it can be one or more of: ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rod ends, alignment, the steering rack...anything else? What should I check first?

search "zero point calibration" on the forums here. that would be the simplest cause before you start tearing into the mechanical parts

search "zero point calibration" on the forums here. that would be the simplest cause before you start tearing into the mechanical parts
There are a lot of threads, it's difficult to find a clear procedure. I don't have the FSM or techstream. Can I still do this?

Is there a way to do zero point calibration without techstream?

Does my '99 LC have VGRS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom