VD40 (1VD-FTE) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
Might have been shared already, but its newnto me.

Man... I need to get a Aussie 200 Series complete drivetrain shipped with one of these. I'd love to do this on a 40!

Here's their page

O M G

Quite a power plant.
In the far past I have thought about coil suspension but skill and MONEY were two big factors against it.

Quite a power plant.
In the far past I have thought about coil suspension but skill and MONEY were two big factors against it.

Same here. I do want to do linked suspension with coilovers some day, but I'll need to have money to pay a pro to do the work. So for now, leafs will have to do.

I have a contact in Brisbane who will ship me a complete drivetrain with a 1hd-fte for around $11K. I wonder how much more expensive a 1VD-FTE would be. I'll have to hit him up to see if it is possible.

Last edited:
A 200 series 1VD-FTV complete conversion package that includes everything removed from an Aussie vehicle will set you back $22,000AUD plus shipping. This is only the complete raw components removed from the vehicle and does not include any custom or aftermarket parts that may be required for the swap into whatever vehicle is planned.
The 'VDJ40' above used a 79 series single turbo 1VD and drivetrain which is down a little on power and torque from the 200 series but has the manual option rather than the auto only from the 200.

A 200 series 1VD-FTV complete conversion package that includes everything removed from an Aussie vehicle will set you back $22,000AUD plus shipping. This is only the complete raw components removed from the vehicle and does not include any custom or aftermarket parts that may be required for the swap into whatever vehicle is planned.
The 'VDJ40' above used a 79 series single turbo 1VD and drivetrain which is down a little on power and torque from the 200 series but has the manual option rather than the auto only from the 200.

Thanks for the info! Are you a source for purchasing one or have a contact you'd be willing to share?

It isn't as much as I thought it would be... But still more than I have to spare right now. :) I found a place down there that would ship me a complete 1HD and drivetrain for around $12K too, but I can't do that either since I am already knee deep into my build with the 2F. Maybe in a couple of years when I outgrow the 2F!

Tony,
To put it into perspective, considering you're getting the business end of a 100K vehicle that price seems pretty reasonable :)
I am a source for these conversions along with any other individual parts that one may require. I can source new or used along with aftermarket or performance upgrades. A 1HD-FTE conversion package from the 100 series Landcruiser will set you back $13,000AUD plus shipping. Again this includes everything from the vehicle required for conversion. PM for more details.

Tony,
To put it into perspective, considering you're getting the business end of a 100K vehicle that price seems pretty reasonable :)
I am a source for these conversions along with any other individual parts that one may require. I can source new or used along with aftermarket or performance upgrades. A 1HD-FTE conversion package from the 100 series Landcruiser will set you back $13,000AUD plus shipping. Again this includes everything from the vehicle required for conversion. PM for more details.

Except it is RHD. Wiring harness for one is completely different than in a LHD vehicle. Trans shifter and t-case shifter are also different.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom