VCV Hose routing Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,
I've got a question about the vacuum routing on the distributer side of the engine on my 2F. Can anyone tell me if this is the way its supposed to be (see pic below)?
I've got the emissions manual turned to page 3-3 but I'm not sure how the VCV is oriented in real life compared to the diagram.

#1 is comming from the distributer
#2 is comming from the air cleaner
#3 is going to the other side of the engine, but its tough to see exactly where it goes to.
#4 comes off the "T", but then it just plugs into the other side of the VCV (#5), which seems a little wierd.

Can some one help clear this up for me?
Bryan
Land Cruiser VCV Picture.jpg

Looks good. If it's desmogged, then #2 goes into the "gas filter" on the L side of the intake manifold. The gas filter is that plug with 3 vacuum ports. 2 should be capped (if desmogged) and the remainder goes to #3 in your picture. I don't have the FSM in front of me for the proper routing of #3 with a smogged engine, but the diagrams in the FSM should tell you.

Thanks for the info Jim and Jasheehan....it looked a little wierd to me, but it wouldn't be the first time.
Bryan

Clarification

Looks good. If it's desmogged, then #2 goes into the "gas filter" on the L side of the intake manifold. The gas filter is that plug with 3 vacuum ports. 2 should be capped (if desmogged) and the remainder goes to #3 in your picture. I don't have the FSM in front of me for the proper routing of #3 with a smogged engine, but the diagrams in the FSM should tell you.

sheehan,
does #2 or #3 connect into the unplugged nipple of the gas filter on a desmogged engine? It seems to me, you mentioned #2 first then said #3 should be plugged to the remainder opening nipple.

Just trying to figure this all out...thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom