VCV and carb spacer port (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone post photos of where their 6mm hose coming off the VCV goes into the carb spacer? I only have one port and its being used by the HAC. I just got the motor rebuilt and am having stuttering/hesitation issues. I pulled off the air filter housing last night and noticed the hose off the VCV was just hanging out. Would this contribute to the classic hesitation under load issue? Can I just block off the hose? Are there carb spacers that have more than one port?

VCV.jpg

The VCV for the EVAP connects to the carb insulator port. Which port on the HAC is connected there? The top 4 ports on the HAC are all the small diameter tubing. They all connect into the vacuum piping manifold. The lower port on the HAC is not supposed to be connected to anything. It is an atmospheric port. I suppose if you have the bottom HAC port connected to manifold vacuum it will trick the car into thinking you are at high altitude and lean out the fuel mixture. This could cause your hesitation.

1594816357012.png

If you post some pictures of your engine bay and carb area we can get an idea of what you are working with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom