VCSS problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TVSS problems

Well, I got another remote today and the kid at the locksmith programed it today. Well after he did, now my doors lock and alarm re-arms after like 30 secs. SO I think that he flipped the switch for Automatic arming mode. So I go and move the switch back to off (middle selection). The door locks still lock after 30 seconds even if I open a back door but it wont if I open the front door.

My question is how do I make it so the alarm and door locks only activate when I do it with the remote? I have tried everything I have found under the google search (no search here today).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Jason

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I have a 94 landcruiser. Thanks

Under your Drivers seat (looking from the back of it) does the alarm look like this?
alarm1.JPG

If so it sounds like you set it correctly and I have no idea why it would be doing that. If it doesn't look like that, then maybe you don't have the TVSS, and I can't really help, except tell you to do a search for the user ' Beowulf ' and check out his site for the alarm manuals.

Hell it does look exactlly like that, even the scraped stickers look the same. I dont understand why he could change it this afternoon but I could not...

I have the first selection on the left in the middle. I have tried it in every position and it still locks after 30 secs. The horn was on but I activated the defeat and it turned off like it was supposed to. I did not touch the sensor adjustment or the program switch by the wire harness.

As far as I know the only way to set that passive arming and auto lock of the doors is setting the far left switch to ON. Now if somehow the switch is messed up or corroded.... maybe that would cause a problem. To program the remote, you shouldn't have to touch any of the switches shown, there is another push button on the harness side for that.

I know. But the kid that programed it must have moved the little switch because the auto locking and auto alarm only started today after that time.

My thinking is possibly the installer switched it to auto locking (by accident) and the switch broke at the same time? I say this because I noticed you said it doesn't matter what position the switch is in, it doesn't change behavior.
Maybe play around with pushing on the switch or pulling, if possible, maybe somehow the contacts aren't connected to the plastic switch part anymore, and you aren't actually changing the connection...
Those are about the only ideas I have at the moment. Sorry its not much help.

Well thanks. I will mess with it or try to find one used somewhere....

Maybe if you read the manual? ? ? ?
-B-

Beowulf said:
Maybe if you read the manual? ? ? ?
-B-

WHAT???

I did read the manual. I saw nowhere that any setting will lock and arm the alarm while the back doors are open.! Thats the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom