Vaue of a 1982 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just trying to get a value on my 82. It has a brand new 2F engine from an 87 60. New old man emu complete kit including shackles. Reverse shackle kit in the front. Brand new OEM power steering unit. dual gas tanks, 255/85/16 BFG mud terrians on 16/7 canadian split rims, frame and axle housings professionally painted. Body has the usual rust spots but not that bad. PO installed diamond platting, after taking them off no rust but little holes from the screws from diamond platting. The truck looks new underneath and is very solid. All work done by MudRack Custom Cruisers. Here are a few pics. If sold the truck will have a MAN-A-Fre front bumper with 827 warn winch. Body is somewhat rough but very solid and complete including the original tool kit. All the truck needs is body work and paint. and yes it does have a clear title CarFx verified.

Last edited:
nmostofi said:
Body has the usual rust spots but not that bad.

That could mean just about anything. My fj40 was in new mexico the first 20 years or so of its life, had the ususal rust spots, and took lots of cutting and welding to repair it. I think the thing about rust is that what you see is like the tip of the iceberg. If the body needs to come off the frame, the value of the truck would be decreased.

The rust is on the passanger side wheeel wells, the right hand side of the rear seel, bottom of the ambulance doors.and the most serious spo which is peeling is on the lower left hand rear corner pannel. I don't know if the body has to come off the frame for the paint job but If I were going to get it painted I would want them to take everything appaart including removing the tub of the frame in ordr to get a complete job and undercoat the rear of the tub.

someplace north of 10K, not sure how far north.....not that far I don't think

c'mon pimp , that might be a little north to start.
Specially after admitting Gary worked on it . ;p

i think pimp is real close.that thing is a nice cruiser.ive seen 79+ fj40's for more with a lot less done and in worse shape.i guess it depends on where you are and who's buying.
shawn

Thanks for everyone's input. I think I will price it at 13.5K obo when/if I am ready to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom