1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vandals

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by CPJONES1231, Jul 15, 2005.

1. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

So I put new shocks on my 93 yesterday...I get up this morning and one side of the truck is leaning way over so Im thinking the shocks collapsed...wrong. The tires on my driver side were totally flat, someone let all the air out of em,Im so pissed i wish i could just know who did it. Or have caught em in the act.

2. Koffer

Koffer

Hey
    if all they did was let the air out from the valve then thats not too bad . If they let it out through the sidewall with a knife then I would be uber pissed :mad:

3. flintknapper

flintknapper

4. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

God only knows.....my wife has been driving it for the last 2 weeks. She's bound to have pissed someone off.

5. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

Where'd you do the shock installation? On the street? When I was much younger and didn't have a garage. My neighbor hated it when I worked on my car on the street. Do you think swapping engines on the street was inappropriate? :frown:

6. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

Shocks

I put the shocks on in the shop here at the stealership.

7. Safado

Safado

I honestly hope that no one is "out to get you"...but do you really think that someone came over in the cover of darkness to sit by your tire for 5-10 minutes of hissing just to inconvenience you? I had a slow leak on the seal between the wall and rim that drove me nuts for awhile...only let air out when stopped at a certain position. Just taking a different point of view.

Good Luck

8. tiorio

tiorio

On two tires at the same time?

9. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

They unscrewed the valve stem core to let the air out, so I doubt they had to do any waiting around.
    I did the waiting for about 20 mins per tire using a cheap ass lighter compressor

10. Safado

Safado

but he put it back? That's a courtious vandal...none the less...let the manhunt begin.

11. Bob_Garrett

Bob_Garrett

Sounds like some bored kids to me. Vandals or tree huggers would have likely stuck a knife in the sidewall as mentioned earlier. There are a number of teenagers in my neighborhood now (one of which belongs to me) so tp in the trees and window soaping is happens fairly often. No flat tires yet, tho.

They seem to leave the 80 alone tho. Maybe because I've dragged a couple of their ricer mobiles out of snowdrifts.

Bob

12. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

I put new cores back in the stems...........

13. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips

you didnt by chance have valve caps with the little valve core remover thingy on it on your valve stems did you?

I bought some of em and was thinking about it and decided that I would be better off if they were in the glove box where I could find them than on the valve stems where anybody walking past my truck could find them

of course I was looking in my glove box the other day and couldnt find em, so go figure

14. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

nope, i "had" TRD caps

15. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

One word .. locktite :D

That sucks man .. teens are wierd that way. I used to walk mall parking lots collecting the nice chrome valve caps, but never flattened any tires.

TY

16. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Yeah, but you were/are a Canadian teen - that's the problem...

DougM

17. tacomafj-80

tacomafj-80

camp out for a couple of days close to the rig. if they come back, it will be worth all your trouble and you might get your caps back. ;)

18. MLX450

MLX450

At least your tires didn't get slashed. My buddy's rig's tires got slashed (both on the drivers side) and it was $$$$$.

19. miked

miked

my neighbor camped out one day...
    he had a problem with kids digging up the wife's flowers and pulling trim off his trailer on their way to school. i'd caught em once but they ran. i'm told you can't actually beat kids these days(j/k, i would never..) so i let them run. i told him exactly what time they come by, so the one day, he camps out and catches them in the act. Alex is a big man, with a big voice. when he popped out and yelled, you'd have thought it was the voice God except i don't think God would say such words as Alex was using. it seemed to fill the whole street. they were too scared to run! i nearly busted a gut laughing. anyway, parents were notified and i'm sure butts were spanked.

i was going to help him setup a camera.
    you can even get fakes that are real cheap.

20. CPJONES1231

CPJONES1231

I took my paintball gun to be serviced yesterday....I already thought about the camping out thing... :flipoff2: