SOLD Vancouver, BC - 1991 HZJ75 Ute (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(255, 255, 255)
Outside Link
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/delta-central-toyota-land-cruiser-hzj75/7154741087.html
Hey fellas,

Fortunately/Unfortunately life is taking me to Australia next year, and I cant take the truck back with me. So the time has come to put her up for sale... I'm located in Vancouver, BC. Looking for 32,000 CAD (23,600 USD). Hard to price these things with how rarely they come up for sale... but I dont think I'm far off.

And a link to a google album with a lot more HQ pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SeTELaUuKgYhM6hs8

I'll copy what I posted to the craigslist ad below:

1991 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ75

Basics:
4.2L 1HZ I6 Motor
450,000 KM (~280,000 Miles)
5 Speed Manual
ARB Rear AirLocker + ARB Compressor
3” Lift + 33” Tires
Manual Hubs
11.5-12.5 L/100KM of Diesel (apparently a 90L tank, but shows empty at 70L, I fill there and get about 620km range

**I have a large photo album I can send interested parties, Craig's won't allow me to post a link**

Sadly, the time has come for my absolute dream truck to go up for sale. I purchased this beauty while visiting family in Sydney, Australia in 2018. After driving the truck for a few weeks over there, I shipped it to Vancouver, and it has been my DD ever since (have put about 60,000km on it). Life is taking me back to Australia to live next year, so unfortunately it is time to let her go to someone else...

The truck was mostly stock back then, and a lot has changed since. I have kept a full service history, and have a binder full of receipts for accessories and work done while I have owned it, plus a few from the PO. The truck was a landscapers rig while in Australia, and the body has quite a few knicks and dents from its previous life, but she shows well when cleaned up. The frame is rust free (sunset pics give the undercarriage an orange hue, will be taking more pics in better lighting and adding to the album ASAP) and solid throughout. No rust issues on the body or frame, and as far as I am aware it is original paint (Toyota 045).

The truck has a “factory” Toyota aluminum tray, which has since been modified to fit the current setup. I do still have the original aluminum dropsides If someone wished to convert it back to a more stock look.

Hi/Low works great, trucks shifts awesome. Plenty of life in the clutch, and the engine purrs. Never any issues starting first try, even when ice fishing in -15c temps.

Modifications are as follows:

Exterior
-VDJ79 ARB Bullbar modified to fit the 75 series, custom hoop with light and antenna mounts
-9500lb winch with Synthetic line and Anderson Plug power quick disconnect under the hood
-Side shooter LED bumper lights
-LED headlights, side markers, tail lights, turn signals, Aux Reverse light, and bed lights
-”Indestructible” convex mirrors (no blind spots, key for RHD)
-Added factory snorkel
-North American spec tow wiring
-285/75R16 General Grabber ATX
-1” Extended Anti-Inversion shackles front and rear
-2” Spring lift installed by PO
-Straight-through exhaust system with side dump and 3.5” tip (a little loud, can add a muffler if the buyer wishes, I like it…)
-Rear water tank jerry with tap (great for the campsite)
-Axe mounted to rear with quick-fists
-Rear anderson accessory plug
-Rhino Rack Batwing Awning

Tray
-Australian made Aluminum gullwing canopy
-Custom steel expedition rack, mounted brand new spare, bar spacing allows for fitment of most RTTs
-Short removable dropsides for front storage area
-Track tie down system with quick release eye set
- Under tray storage boxes

Canopy Fitout Drivers Side
-Kitchen drawers with underneath hidden storage
-MOLLE webbing back wall
-Food grade cutting material board counter top and drawer face
-MSA drop slide with custom fridge cage (Keeping the Engel, but can source and install another fridge if buyer wants)
-Amber/White top LED bar for kitchen space
-Electrical wall with fuse panel, master cut off, solar display, and accessory switch board
-Multiple USB and Cig plugs throughout
-80 Watt solar panel on roof

Canopy Fitout Passenger Side
-Noco 110V pass through for charging at home
-ArkPak battery system with AGM battery for powering all canopy electronics (kept up with solar)
-Marine battery switch for sending power to AUX anderson plugs (one in canopy, on at the back)
-Anderson extension plug
-HD rubber floor liner
-Camp table
-Rod rack
-Fire Extinguisher
-Roof LED bar with pressure activated switch + dimmer (light come on when door opens)

Interior
-New OEM floor
-Wireless fridge/interior temp gauge
-UHF/VHF Radio with AUX speaker
-Aux lighting + locker switches
-Steel lockable Tuffy Console
-Noise dampening headliner + overhead console
-Dual battery monitor
-Dash Camera
-Super comfy tan bucket seats
-Sony Android Auto / Carplay Head Unit, glove box USB connection, Alpine Speakers
-Reverse camera
-Dash mat

Maintenance
-Timing belt done at 400,000km
-Recent work includes exhaust, rear diff rebuild, rear axle seals, front steering work + alignment, U joints.
-History of all my oil changes and other fluid work documented
-Comes with two rubbermaids full of various spares, take offs, and new parts
-I would drive across Canada tomorrow in it, and not have a single worry or want to do anything to it beforehand

To be noted:
-AC has been disconnected since before PO owned it, not sure how big or small of a job it would be to get it working again, I have not looked into it (cab does not get hot in summer with windows down…)
-Leaf spring bushings could use replacing at some point down the line, starting to squeak a little from time to time, but no rush to get it done, drives great
-2 small chips in passenger side of windshield
-Hood has small dimples from a hail storm in Australia, did my best to capture on camera, more visible from certain angles
-As mentioned, dents in doors from its previous life, adds character...

She is an absolute blast to drive and wheel in, and has been incredible to use for multiple trips in multiple countries (and technically continents as well!). If I wasn't moving back to Australia, I'd have kept this car my whole life. Better get used to turning heads while driving, the constant waves and nods on the highway and trails is hilarious. perfect base setup for all your overland + camping needs.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions, I am not in a huge rush to sell. These are so rare in North America at this point it is hard to come up with comparable trucks to price, but seeing what a few others have gone for I believe I am pretty close.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/cto/d/delta-central-toyota-land-cruiser-hzj75/7154741087.html

Let me know if you have any questions, will do my best to respond ASAP.

Wow... nice looking rig.

Nice Rig! Appears to be Currently titled and tagged in BC?

Thanks!

It’s amazing that this Ute hasn’t already sold.
It’s about as close to a “turn key” Ute as you’re going to find.

Last edited:
Would this be tagged as a truck being imported into the US? So it would be taxed at 25%?
Yes, 25% duty coming into the USA from Canada. All Japanese trucks including mini trucks get slapped with a “chicken tax”. Which is why you don’t see many pickups here. Sweet truck GLWS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom