valve stem repair without removing tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This kit is available locally at Extreme Dreams in Abbotsford, you can replace a broken valve stem without removing the wheel. Be handy to add to the tire repair portion of ones essential tools.

Only video I have handy is Facbook....

131418044_10164471827990004_1868545712829155501_o.jpg

I wonder what the cost is? There is also these an an option. Says they are safe to leave in the wheel permanently. I originally thought they would be crazy expensive but there only $40 bucks a pair on amazon.
1608088953441.png

This kit is available locally at Extreme Dreams in Abbotsford, you can replace a broken valve stem without removing the wheel. Be handy to add to the tire repair portion of ones essential tools.

Only video I have handy is Facbook....

View attachment 2525686

I’ve got one of those. It works really well. Wasn’t that expensive. One of those good to have
in the bush tools, like a really good plug and patch kit.

I wonder what the cost is? There is also these an an option. Says they are safe to leave in the wheel permanently. I originally thought they would be crazy expensive but there only $40 bucks a pair on amazon.
Thats the thread on FB where I saw the other the ones I posted (They are about the same price). There was a tire expert (Ken Noakes) saying the tool kit is a better option than those Colby units. Reality wise, I think I've only ever had to repair one valve stem over the years, and that was purely because it was a metal one not rubber.

Removing steel valve stems is good preventative maintenance. They are the only
ones that I’ve ever had trouble with.

That looks like a great kit to have. Thanks for posting it up Jeff.

gb

Found it, just organizing the 60 for the weekend.

2653DF67-FA79-433C-9A4F-B54C6E2DF967.jpeg

Just reading up in those Colby Valves. That looks like a really solid option.
I wonder if you can re use them? Remove it after emergency installation and then put
it back in the tool kit for next time?

Just reading up in those Colby Valves. That looks like a really solid option.
I wonder if you can re use them? Remove it after emergency installation and then put
it back in the tool kit for next time?
Hi ! To answer the question ... yes, they are reusable as long as the gasket isn’t damaged/torn. There is a short how to install/uninstall vid on our site. We should have the gaskets available soon in packs of 4 . Basically your parts that can more easily wear/be damaged would be the gasket, and the schrader valve core(always make sure to put your valve cap back on 😃)

Hi ! To answer the question ... yes, they are reusable as long as the gasket isn’t damaged/torn. There is a short how to install/uninstall vid on our site. We should have the gaskets available soon in packs of 4 . Basically your parts that can more easily wear/be damaged would be the gasket, and the schrader valve core(always make sure to put your valve cap back on 😃)
Thanks for coming here! Always nice to hear the info from someone who knows. I shall pass this along to the
islanders club now. Very Cool

@ColbyValve I have a question about the XL valves. They are for commercial grade vehicles? Such as Semi Tractor wheels? What is the air pressure limit or is there an air pressure limit on these and/or the standard emergency valves?

@ColbyValve I have a question about the XL valves. They are for commercial grade vehicles? Such as Semi Tractor wheels? What is the air pressure limit or is there an air pressure limit on these and/or the standard emergency valves?
They (the XL)are for .625 valve openings so yes. I can not tell you if any of our valves have been used definitively on semi trucks.
I can say I do know they have been used on backhoes, large and medium sized tractors(installed a few of those myself), skid steers, and I’m almost positive they’ve been used on Dump Trucks but again, not 100% sure on that one.

I know of customers running 80 psi, lab testing our valves didn’t fail until much, much higher than that. Lab test results on our page.

A minor issue is this is assuming the valve is installed sufficiently, they need to be tightened down snugly enough to expand the gasket, but even though you CAN keep tightening, that’s where you can damage the gasket.

We rarely , if ever to my knowledge, run into an over tightening issue with our Emergency Valves, as they are tightened by hand via wing nut. It’s the Ultimates//Permanents/XL where it happens occasionall, mainly because once you put a socket wrench in ANYONES hands, the tendency to try to crank until it won’t move is human tendency, I’ve done it myself 🤷‍♂️.

I now use a 1/4” spinner drive to tighten them down personally rather than a socket wrench.

hope this long rambling reply helps? I have a tendency to run long

I think that is why socket handles are so annoyingly short; too many Popeye operators out there! :beer: Thanks for the info!

They (the XL)are for .625 valve openings so yes. I can not tell you if any of our valves have been used definitively on semi trucks.
I can say I do know they have been used on backhoes, large and medium sized tractors(installed a few of those myself), skid steers, and I’m almost positive they’ve been used on Dump Trucks but again, not 100% sure on that one.

I know of customers running 80 psi, lab testing our valves didn’t fail until much, much higher than that. Lab test results on our page.

A minor issue is this is assuming the valve is installed sufficiently, they need to be tightened down snugly enough to expand the gasket, but even though you CAN keep tightening, that’s where you can damage the gasket.

We rarely , if ever to my knowledge, run into an over tightening issue with our Emergency Valves, as they are tightened by hand via wing nut. It’s the Ultimates//Permanents/XL where it happens occasionall, mainly because once you put a socket wrench in ANYONES hands, the tendency to try to crank until it won’t move is human tendency, I’ve done it myself 🤷‍♂️.

I now use a 1/4” spinner drive to tighten them down personally rather than a socket wrench.

hope this long rambling reply helps? I have a tendency to run long
Not too long an explanation. Just perfect. I appreciate it. I've got two sets on the way here today!

mainly because once you put a socket wrench in ANYONES hands, the tendency to try to crank until it won’t move is human tendency, I’ve done it myself 🤷‍♂️.
I tend to crank them down until they loosen again more often than not...

They arrived right at half time. Took one apart. Really high quality, impressed. Be comforting to have
in the parts bag out in the bush. I recommend.
BED58356-ED1E-4AE2-B1D6-89F16A7E2993.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom