Valve spring seat washers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just wrapping up cleaning my head and getting ready to re-install. All of a sudden I notice these little washers at the base of the valve spring seats. I have 21/24 of them after cleaning. Am I totally f*cked? Do I need to order more of them? Do they have to be returned to the specific seat they came out of??? I guess I am an idiot for not noticing they were a thing from all my previous research. Thanks guys in advance for confirming what I’m pretty sure I need to do. (Smack myself)

Those sound like the shims that set the valve clearances. They are not washers and need to be exact dimensions. You are screwed. Time to get a professional involved.

343CACFD-B2FA-4ACD-B0DD-E25706644FCE.jpeg

I was just wrapping up cleaning my head and getting ready to re-install. All of a sudden I notice these little washers at the base of the valve spring seats. I have 21/24 of them after cleaning. Am I totally f*cked? Do I need to order more of them? Do they have to be returned to the specific seat they came out of??? I guess I am an idiot for not noticing they were a thing from all my previous research. Thanks guys in advance for confirming what I’m pretty sure I need to do. (Smack myself)

^^^^

An old thread...I know. But someone else might run into this when cleaning a head. Some of the Valve Spring Seats can become dislodged (others stay in place) when moving the head around.

Below each Valve Spring is the 'Washer' in question. It is there to keep the Valve Spring from galling the Aluminum head of course. They are all the same thickness (they are NOT shims) and measure .025".

Part number: Toyota 13734-66020 SEAT, VALVE SPRING if you lose some of them.

^^^^

An old thread...I know. But someone else might run into this when cleaning a head. Some of the Valve Spring Seats can become dislodged (others stay in place) when moving the head around.

Below each Valve Spring is the 'Washer' in question. It is there to keep the Valve Spring from galling the Aluminum head of course. They are all the same thickness (they are NOT shims) and measure .025".

Part number: Toyota 13734-66020 SEAT, VALVE SPRING if you lose some of them.

So I can’t remember the exact part number that I ended up with but I had to order 2x to get the right part. I recommend bringing one to the counter to make sure it’s correct.

I’m at like 7k since I did my head and it hasn’t blown up yet so life is good!

So I can’t remember the exact part number that I ended up with but I had to order 2x to get the right part. I recommend bringing one to the counter to make sure it’s correct.

I’m at like 7k since I did my head and it hasn’t blown up yet so life is good!

Valve Spring Seats.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom