Valve job machinist needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for good machine shops in the area. I’m in Wichita but could travel for the right guy.

I want to do a valve job on a pair of 2UZ heads, hopefully with Toyota parts (exh valves, springs, guides) which I intend to get from Partsouq.

My donor motor is a tundra with 200k. Lost a cam belt. I’ve done some disassembly and am not eager to just slap them on. Valves and seats are not horrible but I’d like better.
I will put these heads on a 2004 Land Cruiser which has no spark plug threads in #8 and some of the other plugs are being difficult to remove.

It is against my nature to pull a cylinder head with this many miles and not do a valve job.

I have talked to D.A. Clem in Wichita and may go with him, but I have found him difficult to work with. He seems to think I will not have the willingness ($) to do it. I am certain it will be like pulling teeth to get him to use Toyota parts. I have used him in the past for my MR2 and FJ40.

Looking around.

That somebody is pretty backed up. @2fpower knows the guy pretty well, my head has been at the shop a few sundays already. WHich is ok as I have plenty to do in the meantime but for someone that needed their head back quickly to drive the vehicle might be an issue.

Good guys will be backed up. I have some time. Hopefully @2fpower will chime in here or PM me the info.

1596560235968.png

I’ve used Nolan’s down town KC they can get backed up some times but less then a week the last few I’ve Sent down to him.

half k, you're in Lawrence, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom