Valve cover hoses and brake booster hose. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1996 1FZFE

I am replacing hoses all across the motor and have found that many of them are not in the right place.

I have outlined where the hoses should be going, at least based on my research, but need some help with how its setup currently.

My brake booster does not have the vacuum on the driver side, there is 1 vacuum on the top passenger side that's it's current connected to, there are 2 more vacuum ports that are plugged on the bottom of the booster in the passenger and driver side. Should I plug the hose into the capped vacuum on the bottom by the driver's side? Or plug it back into its current brake booster vacuum on the top passenger side after I replace it and put it back in its correct location on the intake? I also dont know why my booster looks different.

2nd. I am replacing the heater control valve, and there is an open pipe next to it, that I believe the hose it suppose to go to, but instead is running down into the motor and then I lose it. Can someone explain what the pipe is and why the hose is bypassing it? And should I hook it back up. Is this a rear heater bypass hose?

EDIT: The hose coming from the HCV is a bypass hose, it has replaced the pipe and has been ran from the HCV to the block.

I have new OEM hoses for replacement.

Thank you ahead of time and happy holidays.

20211226_120513.jpg

20211226_120656.jpg

20211226_120545.jpg

20211226_124635.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like your brake booster is aftermarket so hard for me to tell how it should be plumbed up.
The open pipe is the PHH hardline that was left over after some one did a bypass job on it. I have attached a couple of photos of the engine bay on one of my previous trucks. It will hopefully help you get a grasp on what goes where.
Where in Orlando are you?

20210729_140423.jpg

20210729_140427.jpg

It looks like your brake booster is aftermarket so hard for me to tell how it should be plumbed up.
The open pipe is the PHH hardline that was left over after some one did a bypass job on it. I have attached a couple of photos of the engine bay on one of my previous trucks. It will hopefully help you get a grasp on what goes where.

View attachment 2875519

View attachment 2875521
WOW, and I thought my motor was clean!

View attachment 2875519

View attachment 2875521
Good Lawd! Is this from a showroom floor?!

View attachment 2875519

View attachment 2875521

Thank you for the pictures and the explanation man. These pics have helped out a lot.

I'm down in Kissimmee by st cloud

I'm in lake nona so if you need a hand let me know.

Don't mean hijack thread but can anyone learn me what this circled port is? My 94 has a pair of vacuum hoses that attach there that I think run down to the valves underneath but not sure.

20210729_140427.jpg

Don't mean hijack thread but can anyone learn me what this circled port is? My 94 has a pair of vacuum hoses that attach there that I think run down to the valves underneath but not sure.

View attachment 2877932
That's called a Gas Filter.

Search here for a 94 and gas filter and you'll even get part numbers.

It's a frequent question.

Indeed I see numerous threads now. I always assumed "gas filter" was "fuel filter". Thank you! Case any lost souls like me need 2-nipple 94 p/n 90917-11023.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom