• PLEASE READ >>> Accounts Security Locked

    The link above goes to a thread in the Announcements - Help - Testing section of the forum....you are welcome to follow normal menu structure and find it there. ~woody

Valve Clearance Adjustment

Jul 4, 2003
Tempe, AZ
It's time to check my valve clearance on my '96 80.  The Repair manual speaks of some special tools to get to the shims to measure the gap (SST 09248-55050).  Are these tools required or can you get by with a feeler guage and screwdriver (and a couple brewskees)?  

Is there any place other than Toyota that sells them (for less $)?
May 31, 2003
You don't need the SST for checking clearance. You will need it for adjustment.

I ordered a few SST from SPX OTC directly, (800) 533-5338, and they are cheaper than my local Toyota dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom