Valve adjustment / Cruise Control install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am sure somebody here knows how to do this? Anyone wanna help me and or let me stupervise :) I've never done it and heard it needed to be done ever 8K miles? I've had my cruiser for about 10-12K

thanks again guys, looking for stuff to do thats free :)

Also have my cruise control set-up I need to install. I know I am lazy, b/c the lift or what parts I have are in the garage and have been for over a year (lift, but I still need shocks, U-bolts, bushings, etc.), now with another baby on the way and everything else in the world needing $ I guess I need to work on the parts I have to use.

I know I stink, I guess I am mainly lazy. It always helps to have someone out there with you to hang out and at least talk and somewhat motivate you :)

As a side note:

Did you ever get that 55 from my friend?

yeah we've done a few or dozen in our time..lol. I think we've gotten it down to about 7minutes for a valve adjust. Hardest part is takin off the valve cover.

No joke on that 7 min thing. Might be even less then that. I have done it about 6-8 times on my pig over the past 2 months during my engine woes. If you want to come to clemson JP and I are glad to shoot the s*** and help you out. And no I didn't get the pig, I am going to. Had some problems with setting it up and then I ran out of money by the time I got it worked out. So I am just holding onto his number until the spring time. I graduate in dec and have to find a job until aug when I start grad school so I should have some money in between.

cool sounds good to me I will have to figure when I can get up that way. That trip will be more than it has gone in over a month. Been on the road so much with work that I havent been home to drive much at all. (But avail for the next 2 weeks!)

I was waiting on you to get the 55 so I could use it on him to get him to help me with my lift kit. It would definately be nice to use his lift and air tools, etc!!

My 62 runs fine most of the time, but figured I might as well do the valves. Saw a post ahile back about a tube in the gas tank making it run rough when gas is low in the tank. And it seems that this may be an issue with mine? Anyone else ever heard of this?

Sorry man no spare piggy for me quite yet. I definitely want to get it though I know I can at least get my money back even if I take some stuff for me. On a side note you had told me he wanted 250 and I asked him what he wanted when we were talking and he told me 300, so I had to pull that out on him.

Yeah, I dont even remeber now. I know it was in that range. He's just looking to get the most he can. How's your pig comming? Have any pics?

I hardly ever make it up to CU, but ought to so I can knock out a few projects on my rig.

Pigs good, just have to patch 2 small spots on the front fenders and trim some rust on the back end and then I will paint it. I have been slacking a bit lately though its needed that little bit of work for like a month now. Replaced the head gasket about month or so ago and havent really tuned the engine back in since then either. Just needs the timing set and maybe adjust the carb a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom