Valve adjustment and new cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mmw68

CruiserCrap.com - pimping crap for your cruiser!
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
store.cruisercrap.com
If you have not done a valve adjustment on your truck - I would move it very high up on your list. The power gains were very noticeable, and the truck now runs like a well oiled giant sewing machine.

It a easy job, with big rewards, maybe two bannas - It also helps to have a person hand you tools...I mean beer. Just follow the step in the factory service manual - it's very strait forward.

I also took the opportunity to put on a spare valve cover I scored off ebay
for $10. I sanded it down, then sand blasted it, and had it powder coated.

valve_red1.jpg

valve_red2.jpg

looks good! I have this on my list of to do's have a few guys in my area who have done it b/f and offered to help, now just find time to do it!

Also, how much did the valvecover, sandblast, and powder coat cost you together and each?

had my valves adjusted by a friend over the weekend runs hell of a lot better and it dont sound like a gattlin gun no more

The red paint on that cover will make it go faster... :D

@ 89s rule, The Powder coating place charged me $25. I did the first sanding and cleaning of the valve cover - the he did a quick once over with his sandblaster.

As for the added HP - I estimate the red color adds at least 25hp.. :) (in my dreams)

sounds good, thanks for the info.

i know it had to add at least 25hp but think about the TQ man i bet its like a 12hdt now!

I gotta get my valves adjusted, doesn't sound complicated just not sure I can get it done fast enough before they cool down...

25hp is a good ballpark figure... :D

The first time I did mine it took about 30-45 mins. The hard part is reaching the rear valves. It's not the easiest thing on the back reaching back their!

Yeah, I did the valve job and it stopped sounding like a diesel.

beautiful...nice powder coat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom