Value Question 1977 Fj40 30k original miles garge kept 1 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Admins please move if this is the wrong place, I met an older gal that is selling her 77 fj40 all original with 30k miles body is very straight no rust that I saw, smog stuff removed but included. headliner is a little loose hard top is excellent not a dent or even a scratch that I saw (I am sure it has some as it was driven in the mountains) . has dealer installed 8274 with receipts from original purchase as well as service recipts from its life. plastic is still on the visors inside I didnt get many pictures as we were there to buy all the other stuff she is getting rid of. So the quesiton I have is what is a fair price, she jumped in and turned the key and it fired right up sounded good too.

20170206_115311.jpg

A totally original, unmolested, complete, 30,000 mile original owner fj40. It is worth quite a bit to someone that wants to preserve one. I hope if you buy it you are not just going to flip it. I know what I would pay.

Original spare as well... somebody (she) removed the roll bar... and put in longer old style jump seats

Would need to see more pics... but... just throwing this out there

Most likely around 20k

If it were on eBay cleaned up it would fetch lots more imho

Strange about the roll bar North American import would have had a roll bar... many markets not too far would not have had a roll bar

Looks like a great truck, did they swap out the jump seats?

Bumperette looks like they tried to yank someone/something. Generally the step gets hammered first :)

Thanks for the replys, I am tasked with trying to sell it as much as I want it. My partner and I are trying to decide if we should buy it clean it up and sell it, or just help facilitate the sale. Not sure on the jump seats or roll bar (most of my limited knowledge is on 60's and 80's) , I didnt look close at invoice from dealer to see if it mentioned roll bar or seats. From stories I heard about the dealer (I grew up in the town where it was purchased) they probably wanted to charge extra for the roll bar. lol and yes as I said it was driven in the mountains she told me her husband use to drive it up the canyon across the road elk hunting, I have driven that road many times its mostly basketball sized rocks. said he never loaded them up just drug them back to the house...White Stripe what about it is not original spare the jump seats and roll bar that have already been pointed out.

Without any more pics that's about all that can be listed as non original without a huge amount of speculation.

HntWhtTail, good to see you back, nice find.
@overton Greg should be able to give a decent estimate.

If it's clean and floors are clean that's a gem!! It's worth a lot and only orig once..

Currently there are 6 mud memebers racing to buy it while you figure out a value...

Hahaha jk

Roll bar was not a option but a requirement to sell FJ40s in the US starting with the 74 model. Believe US was the first market to require them. Some markets never had them.

Probably $20-25K as it is

Honestly coming here to ask this question has probably put the price right out of your range. Throw here an offer

I know how i would have handled this whole thing.

Just leave it to me and I will make her a fair offer....;)...

:cheers:

Just be fair, pay her 4 or 5 times the original $6.200 MRSP she bought it for

Don't be a pig :slap:

:cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom