Value of cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. I'm thinking about selling my cruiser and wanted to get an idea of what would be a fare asking price. I've pretty much babied this one since I've owned it. It is a 2000 with 150k miles. I've replaced the timing belt about 10k miles ago. It has an old man emu suspension and brand new (less than 500 miles) BFG AT KO2's. The leather interior is in very good shape for the age with no tears. Everything work and I would have no reservations driving it anywhere. Thanks for any feedback.

IMG_3318.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

10K if not too much rust, 7K if it's rusty.

Yeah $10,000 seems about fair for the age and mileage. Post it up, this is a good time to sell because of the winter and low gas prices.

Why do you want to sell it? To me, pre-2005 (especially 2002 and under) well cared for, in-great condition cruisers that were nursed and looked after do not bring in the money they deserve. What vehicle would you buy for $10k? A similar condition and mileage 2005-07 will be north of $20k. Your truck has 20+ years of life left in it!

Why do you want to sell it? To me, pre-2005 (especially 2002 and under) well cared for, in-great condition cruisers that were nursed and looked after do not bring in the money they deserve. What vehicle would you buy for $10k? A similar condition and mileage 2005-07 will be north of $20k. Your truck has 20+ years of life left in it!
I agree and hate the thought of it gone. This is my 3rd cruiser. Unfortunately I need a pickup. Im exploring my option but it might stay in the family and spend the rest of its time in the garage and only cruising on nice days.

If this was 6 months from now, I’d have serious thoughts at the 9-10k range. Especially with a solid service history.

paint looks great. should sell quickly for 10k. Maybe even 12k.

If you post it on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, mark it up about $1500 because they will work you down. Personally, when people ask "what's your bottom dollar?", I tell them "The price is negotiable, but you're going to have to come drive it before you can start haggling". IMHO, they START with your "bottom dollar" and work you down. There are those that would have you give them money AND the vehicle by the time they were done with you. I hate selling stuff.

FB and Craig's list are the worst people to deal with, i purposely mess with people on there who lowballs. It's fun

I have a feeling that truck won’t make it past the classified ad on Mud. I can almost tell you right now the next owner if he decides to sell.

8-10k if want to sell fast

10-12k if want the most and don't care how long it takes to sell.

I agree and hate the thought of it gone. This is my 3rd cruiser. Unfortunately I need a pickup. Im exploring my option but it might stay in the family and spend the rest of its time in the garage and only cruising on nice days.

smart choice

buy a beater tundra and keep that legend in the garage.

RUST ALERT - I drove 4.5 hours 1 way to buy this rig - settled on a price beforehand, got a cashier's check, got a buddy to ride down with me - y'all know the drill. It has an unbelievable amount of rust in the rear of the frame especially. I had an appointment lined up at the local Toyota dealer in Wilmington, NC to do a pre-purchase inspection. I was about to drop another $110 on the inspection when I decided to really inspect the frame before I handed it off to them. I touched the back driver side corner of the frame next to the bumper and piece of metal about the size of a half dollar fell down. I'm not sure if the seller knew about it beforehand, but it's very hard to believe that he did not. He claimed he did not. He sent me pics of the undercarriage beforehand and it looked clean. I guess the lighting (or lack thereof) sort of masked it's actual condition. It just seems like anyone wiling to put a lift on their rig and spend money on other mods is probably paying attention.

Just to be sure sure I wasn't missing something or overreacting, I took it to the street to a Chevy dealer who has a large collision and body center. The guy looked at for about 1 second and said, "Oh, that's real bad. You can tell that's Northern rust right there."

I'm honestly not that pissed at the seller - maybe he knew, maybe he didn't. It doesn't really matter to me at this point. I just thought I'd touch base with everyone here so they know to stay away and don't make some long drive or hop on a plane to buy it.

Other MUD members have warned me that sometimes even pictures won't tell the whole story. Well, now I know how true that is.

@NCTroutHunter Too bad you wasted the day to go see this rig, but good thing you didn't buy it sight unseen and have it shipped back only to find the rust after the fact. I rarely believe a seller when he says "zero rust". They are usually talking about the body as these bodies tend to hold up fairly well when the underside is falling apart. Wonder if this LC was used to put a boat in salty water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom