Value of a 96 with a blown motor only 85k original miles. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am selling a 1996 with lockers. The vehicle is in great shape in and out. I amean trying to find out what it is worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What happened to the engine?

Ask high and let the market decide how much it's worth.

If it's as clean as you say it is (no rust in Monttana?) and there isn't a lot of stuff that doesn't work, I would ask $3k and go from there. I just went through this process with a set of tires. Had to keep lowering my asking until I started getting calls.

Have you any idea how bad the engine is? Is it rebuildable or is it toast? FYI-oil pumps on 1fz's don't normally just "go out". I'm thinking maybe poor maintenance and up keep was to blame, especially with a mere 85k miles on it.

It is a vacation home car. So it never really had been driven much. I just know it had no oil pressure and was knocking badly.

That's a shame. 85k is nothing. It's value will vary greatly from person to person. That's why I suggested asking high and letting the market decide. You could ask what ever you want to ask if you have the time fir waiting to see where it lands in the market. On the other hand, you could sell it for $500 tomorrow and wash your hands of it if you just want it gone.

If it's a clean truck and everything works you're going to be leaving a lot of money on the table selling it not running.

If it's a clean truck and everything works you're going to be leaving a lot of money on the table selling it not running.

Yep!

IF its clean and otherwise in good shape....it is a prime candidate for a rebuilt engine. Would be easy to sell afterward and a worthy vehicle of the effort.

Pics? Or at least exterior and interior color?

The lockers are worth a couple grand alone in the right market...I would rebuild or replace the engine, myself. To echo, thats a lot of money left on the table. Cut your losses, pay for an engine and keep driving it is what I say. Then again, I'd never sell my LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom