Value of a 1FZE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RockJock82

Sometimes you have to kick a little A$$
Threads
I recently purchased a 1996 LX450 and I am looking at swapping in a 5.3L Vortec motor and 4L60e transmission. What is the going rate for a 140k motor and transmission out of my Lexus? Both have been meticulously maintained with synthetic fluids and I recently added valve cover gasket, spark plugs and wires, maf tube, egr lines ect. There has been no issues with the hg according the previous ower. I was looking at SC the 1FZE but I think it might be better to just replace the whole drivetrain (still maintain the stock tcase). Any ideas? Thanks!

Jonathan:beer:

They are expensive to replace, have value. But are very durable, reliable, solid drive train, rarely fail, so finding someone with the need is the tough part.

If you are going to pull it, be sure to get some video of it running with the odometer...or consider selling it while still in the truck and then pulling it. This will ensure the buyer they have a really nice motor, and will likely get you a little more $$$.

If I were looking, I would pay $500-$700 for the motor, $100-200 for the auto, and $150-$250 for the tcase.

Good luck! :)

I think that I would put in a 60 case to get part time. Easier said than done... but you are already doing a ton of work.

That is the plan. Run the split case. Not mainly for the pt functionality but for the cost. The adapter is 700 vs 1300 for the 96 tc... Plus if I ever wanted lower gears they are available for the split case.

I saw your other post too. I have a spare 60 shaft fs. Also, is it possible to run those divorced? I thought I read somewhere that you could and it would be cheaper than the 700.

I saw your other post too. I have a spare 60 shaft fs. Also, is it possible to run those divorced? I thought I read somewhere that you could and it would be cheaper than the 700.

Im not sure I will have to look into it.. Good idea though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom