value of 96 FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I am considering selling my wife's '96 FZJ80 and was wondering what it may be worth. It has 59,000 miles, has locking diffs, fully loaded (leather , walnut trim, car phone and integrated mics for handsfree talking, multi-lock trans lock) no rust, well maintained. Would appreciate to hear some ballpark estimates of what I may be able to sell for. Thanks

Dami

If it is an early 96 and your mileage is 60K.. and the color is 'real' Black ..then with lockers it is worth at least $45K-$55K. :D

BLACK LC's ones are [glow=red,2,300]very [/glow] exotic...not too many were produced. I think 52 were imported to the USA!..most Black LC's were sent to Canada. It is a lot colder in the great white north and apparently the black paint absorbs more UV light..hence keeps the truck warmer.

Most arizona & new mexico trucks are white.

I could be wrong on my assumptions..but that is what JUNK told me.

Welcome! :D

Joe

What? You'll take $5k for it?? I'll take it......

I would like to know where you got the Multi Lock, I can't find anyone in the US that has em, they are killer from what I gather.

price, 15kish

John H

[quote author=Dami link=board=2;threadid=9363;start=msg81590#msg81590 date=1072730450]
Hi, I am considering selling my wife's '96 FZJ80 and was wondering what it may be worth. It has 59,000 miles, has locking diffs, fully loaded (leather , walnut trim, car phone and integrated mics for handsfree talking, multi-lock trans lock) no rust, well maintained. Would appreciate to hear some ballpark estimates of what I may be able to sell for. Thanks

Dami
[/quote]

e9999,

Isn't this the one you've been waiting for?

Thank you all for your replies. My 96 is blue with gray interior so I may miss out on that "black colored" premium.

Regarding the Multi-Lock. I believe it was installed by a company in Hackensack NJ. I should have the paper work in the glove. I'll have a look tomorrow and try to post a contact #.

Thanks again for the replies.

Dami

Perhaps you could also describe what multi-lock is.

It's new to me.

Post some pics Dami, I wanna see your truck...maybe you have someone looking right here on the board! ;)

I'll give ya moola and my 91 for it! The wife wants the leather so my 91 may be on the block soon.

Riley, a Mul-T-Lock is similar to the club, except it wraps around the gearshift on the automatic trans and does not allow a potential thief to put the car into drive if he/she tries to steal the car.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/bsnstore/101466-0.html

John, the Mul-T-Lock on my 96 was installed by Kobolt Inc, (201) 933-1052, 622 Monroe St, Carlstadt, NJ 07072 . Also refer to the above link.

Dan- not sure if I'm going to sell it or not, just wanted to get an idea if it was worth it or not to sell. My wife wants a new 100 series and I was thinking of selling the 96 to offset a bit of the cost. I will keep you posted as to whether or not I sell.

Dami

As much as we all want to buy the cheapest trucks with all the options, you can ask what you want. I know of a 97 that was recently bought for $26.5 Had lockers, white low miles. It was exactly what the new owner wanted and he paid for it. Personally I thought that was high, but hey, strokes for folks.

I still stand that no-one reports back on the cheap trucks they bought. What condition underneath the detailing shine on the engine etc etc.

I don't know if this helps but I just bought a black with oyster/alababster
interior 96 for $13k. Very clean and maintained. 114k miles.
Factory CD/cassette player, sun/moon roof, tow package and wood trim
in the interior. It also has the alarm features. No diff locks. :-(
I'm happy, but more importantly the wife's happy.
HTH
David of Pumpkintown
pic is my 72....my beloved Gundy

Dami, truck value seems to vary by area but you can use Edmunds.com or KBB.com to get pretty close - both sites allow you to input mileage, condition, zip code and one them (edmunds, I think) allows you to put in color, options, etc. During my search, I found the prices given to be fairly close to what was out there. In CA where I was looking, I imagine you could get 18-24k - This is what I saw the sellers actually getting (not asking) If your truck was as clean as you say, I would have offered you 20k for it, maybe more if it had no roof rack. The prices do seem to still be dropping some. There was a 97 Black and locked for sale near me w/70k mi for 17k (one week after I bot mine) and another 97 (with lockers) with 47k mi for $25k - but it is still for sale and has been for over a month. Happy New Year to all you guys out there.

David,

>> with oyster/alababster interior <<

It's not a Jaguar, it's a Toyota. Yours has grey guts. :D
-B-

"David,
>> with oyster/alababster interior <<
It's not a Jaguar, it's a Toyota. Yours has grey guts.
-B- "

Not true B!!!

My Sport Utility Vehicle has......

[glow=red,2,300]"Midnight oil desert sky exterior w/Barrier island summer sand interior"[/glow] :D

ROFLMAO....gray guts? More like coffee with cream and mocha latte .
It ain't gray. Kinda like my old 240D is called pastel gray....it's white.
Seriously, it has a brown dash with light....very light...almost cream
colored seats. I looked at a white 96 with gray guts. They were gray. These ain't.
For what it's worth the fancy smancy names were what the dealer called it.
I'd say brown and cream. I sure the truck is black. Do they have a fifty cent word for black paint too?
The pic ain't great...but it shows it ain't gray. :D

David,
Ahhhh, a picture helps. Yours has tan guts... or more correctly, oak. :D

There were only 2 OEM interior colors, grey or oak. The original owner could choose cloth or leather. The 40th option added a two-tone oak/brown.

>> Do they have a fifty cent word for black paint too? <<

Unless you want to come across as a pompus ass, you would be advised to call it black.
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom