Value of 2006 LX vs 2001 LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an opportunity to go from my 2001 LC to a 2006 LX for around $6500. Both have 200k, clean history and service, zero rust. Would this be a wise decision? Reasons I'm considering are for the VVT motor, 5 speed transmission, and better steering wheel (wood, controls), and newer. Is this crazy?

I can't decide between this or an '08-'11 LC/LX. I don't really have any long term plans, other than always owning either a LC or LX!

The difference between 01 LC & 06 LX is day and night.

You will gain a much quieter and smoother ride with lots of power and very nice creacher comforts.

Like other said if this is long term it make it worth but if you find yourself trading cars every couple of years maybe not.

If you had a 98-99 Cruiser I would say keep the older more simple truck. The newer the truck, the more tech stuff on it that can break. I have read nightmare stories where worn steering racks will cause VSC equipped cruisers to apply brakes in turns and scare the crap out of people. I love the simplicity of my 99 Cruiser.

On the flip side, I also have a 2011 200 series. In the last 12 months it has had $9,000 in repairs.

They are as follows:
Cam tower’s and front cover reseal
$3,600
Steering rack
$3,200
Steering shaft
$800
Water pump and radiator
$1,500

My 2011 Land Cruiser just crossed 100k miles, has had dealer service since day 1 and has never been abused.

There are days I consider selling it, again I just love the simplicity of my 1999 100 series...

But dam is my 200 series fast!

Keep what you know if you have a good solid truck, there are so many things that can break on these newer trucks. I will probably keep the 200 forever but it has cost a lot to keep her going lately. If you have a trusty service writer at your local dealership and money is no option try a 200. You want at the minimum a 2011 or newer for streaming music and better Bluetooth. 2011 is the last year of brilliant white (the best color).........p
1B61F6F7-7497-4048-B0FB-4FACDC61F7A8.jpeg

I test drove an ‘07 LX and thought the steering was much tighter and overall ride was better, which is what got me thinking about upgrading. I have also driven a couple 200’s and all I can say is wow.

I test drove an ‘07 LX and thought the steering was much tighter and overall ride was better, which is what got me thinking about upgrading. I have also driven a couple 200’s and all I can say is wow.

Remember the LX has a Variable Gear Ratio Steering System, so it should feel different. A great option for the road travel.

How much better is the ML stereo vs the JBL in the LC? Because the JBL system kinda sucks IMO.
I have owned both an 06 Land Cruiser and lx470 the Land Cruiser stereo sucks LX is acceptable

And from my recent research, comparable (miles & condition) LX’s are easier to find and a bit less expensive than LC’s. But we all know that already.

And from my recent research, comparable (miles & condition) LX’s are easier to find and a bit less expensive than LC’s. But we all know that already.
I can confirm that has been the case with my search. Same applies to 200 series. Either way, when you filter out rust, accidents, and lack of service records, you're still not left with much to choose from. At least not from a regional standpoint. I suppose if you're willing to travel over 500 miles it may be more fruitful.

I would only consider if the one you are trading to bought you more miles on the odometer. Otherwise it seams like a decent amount for upgrades not quite worth the surcharge. Consider this, the price difference between a 2018 LC and LX is only $6,315.

Look at the differences between your '01 LC and the '06 LX and itemize what you would pay for each upgrade. You might find the balance doesn't check out.

I would only consider if the one you are trading to bought you more miles on the odometer. Otherwise it seams like a decent amount for upgrades not quite worth the surcharge. Consider this, the price difference between a 2018 LC and LX is only $6,315.

Look at the differences between your '01 LC and the '06 LX and itemize what you would pay for each upgrade. You might find the balance doesn't check out.
I like this approach. Here’s what I’m thinking:
- VVT engine / more power
- 5spd transmission
- improved suspension
- better handling
- steering wheel controls
- wood grain steering wheel
- backup camera
- improved stereo
- more comfortable seats?
- quieter cabin

I may be missing a few. So the Question is do these total up to 6-7k value adds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom