Value help. 1977 FJ45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks,

I'm looking for some opinions on the value of my 45. It seems like it might be going up for sale this year. Life's kinda taken over and I don't really have time for it.

It's a 1977 Canadian spec (located in Alberta). Runs good. Rust in most of the usual spots, but the frame's in good shape. Previous owner (who had it since the 80s) put on a DIY tube bumper and snow plow, but otherwise it's pretty close to original. I like the stock look, so most of the work I've done has been using either OEM parts or something similar. I've pretty much just kept it road worthy so I can cruise around in the summer and plow snow in the winter. Some stuff I've replaced since I've had it:
brakes master/slaves (yes, still drums)
fuel pump
radiator
clutch master/slave
split rims powdercoated / Yokohama Y742S 7.50/R16
kuckle bearings
alternator

Anyway, I know you guys just wanna see the pics, so here they are :)

IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_2110.jpg
IMG_7196.jpg
IMG_7041.jpg
IMG_7045.jpg

She has rust in the " usual spots ", and also rust in some very unusual spots.... but hey it's a 45! so that's good --

GLWS!

Lol, yeah. Bonus rust at no extra charge! I'm just not sure if I should be asking closer to 2k or 10k? I haven't really followed the market in a while and historical data is pretty light on 45s.

Running and driving 45 longbed?Closer to $10k seems about right. Sure it’s rusty, but still solid.

To me it’s a drive it as is. I bought a rusty Canadian 45 15 years ago. I paid $2200 and it ran and drove. As I started to fix it up, it just turned into a real headache. Every bolt was crusty, every bolt wanted to break, every body panel had rust, I finally broke when I got to the frame and even after cleaning it, it had severe pitting. I will never buy one again! I think 5k is likely what someone will pay. I have an 81 hj47 Troopy with far less rust for sale for $7k and no one will touch it? It would make a bitchen ranch rig! Glws

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom