Valuation of an 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexasJack

SILVER Star
Threads
I plan to move my automobile insurance for my Landcruiser to Hagerty or one of the other insurers who will cover aftermarket parts. I have quite a bit gear on my vehicle and want to get reimbursed for more than just the stock 80 series in the event of a serious accident.

I have accumulated a list of things I would have to replace and computed the costs but I am missing the current stock price for a 95 80 series with 300K on it. I have had it since it had 20K on it and have never missed an oil change. All maintenance has been done on a timely basis throughout the life of the vehicle. Only major mechanical issue so far was a head gasket change at about 220K.

Can anyone who has recently purchased or has been looking for a stock 80 series give me an approximate value for one in great shape with 300K on it (or anyone else who knows)? Attached are some photos so you can see how clean it is.

20220427_145125.jpg

20220427_145211.jpg

20220427_145243.jpg

20220427_145321.jpg

20220427_145341.jpg

20220427_145406.jpg

Depending on where it's listed, if its clean, no body damage, interior also in nice shape with 300k with up to date maintainence. I guess is 7k-10k, triple locked 10-13k

Read the fine print on the Hagerty policy. I asked a Hagerty agent if my vehicle would be covered if a tree fell on my truck when camping. It was a definite no. They generally cover you if you are participating in a special event (parade, car show), but not if doing the things your Cruisers was born to do.

Read the fine print on the Hagerty policy. I asked a Hagerty agent if my vehicle would be covered if a tree fell on my truck when camping. It was a definite no. They generally cover you if you are participating in a special event (parade, car show), but not if doing the things your Cruisers was born to do.
Thanks a bunch. Wasn't aware of that. Do you know of an insurance company that will cover the vehicle and all of the special gear for normal recreational usage?

Do a MUD search for "stated value policy" and you'll find a bunch of threads on the topic. Also be aware that for things that are not integral to your truck (camping gear, recovery gear, etc) you may have have coverage from a renters/homeowners policy.

Perhaps also check with your current insurer to see if you can add a supplemental policy to cover the accessories.

Great advice! Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom